Too much exercise?

Options
Obviously too much exercise could become an unhealthy habit. But is working out twice a day a bad thing? I did a 60 min step class this morning and am looking to do something else this afternoon. Either a 4 mile run, insanity workout, or 30DS. The step class, while burns calories does not feel like enough for me. I am not sore after the classes. This may sound silly to some, but is it bad to add in an extra workout?

Replies

• msstardust
    msstardust Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know that there are two schools of thought on this, but my personal experiance, either myself or my trainer is... two workouts a day is not a bad thing, as long as you're not necessarily using the same muscle groups. You've got to let your muscles recover, becuase it's in the recovery phase that you'll be building muscles - when you work out you actually rip your muscles so you need to let them rest. I used to do am arobics, and pm weight-training that worked for me. Over working is just as bad as not eating enough calories. Also, some people get discuraged if they work out too often, loose motivation because they feel the weight isn't comming off quickly enough. Pase yourself, but if you do am aerobic workout and a pm one, it's not the end of the world, as long as you don't do that 7days a week.
  • cccgrillo
    cccgrillo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks, maybe I will do 30DS since its more weights and less cardio, which I did this morning. Thanks for the insight!
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I never had any problems with doing two-a-days a couple times a week. I guess technically i do that with doing insanity and asylum since I run and play soccer at least 3-4 days on top of the workout itself.
    Just as long as you don't overly exhaust yourself. But I think you can guage your energy level and what you're capable of handling.
  • mdias23
    mdias23 Posts: 15
    Options
    i workout twice sometimes three times a day but i keep the workouts short and intense. 20 mins at the most and i noticed when i do that i have better results. so i say as long as you have the energy for it go for it!
  • PeterThompson
    Options
    i think its just alright as long the exercise your doing is different from each other that it develops other else from one another like running is for cardio while strength training and weight lifting is for muscle http://bestadjustabledumbbellsreviews.com/
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I often work out twice a day. Agree with the above posters -- mix it up. Oh, and listen to your body -- it will tell you if you're overtraining!