Please give me feedback, if you could?!

Options
Hi,

I became a member of myfitnesspal at the end of June. It told me to eat 1270 calories. At the same time, I joined a gym and my coach told me I need to eat at least 1500 calories. I hardly can reach 1200!!!! and I excersice more than I log it in there, but I did not lose even one pound since then. I don't have high expectations. I just want to lose five pounds in a healthy way and I will be a VERY happy camper. Any suggestion?

P.S. This is the first time I am using this board. If I need to add or change any settings for you to help me, please let me know.

Thank you so much for your help!

Replies

• 92_sweetheart
    92_sweetheart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey! What is your BMR? You can find the calculator in the tools section. Did you set your weight lose goal on here to 2lbs change it too 1lb or 1/2lbs. Remember the more you workout the more calculator you can consume, but don't go overboard
  • Gramwc
    Gramwc Posts: 1
    Options
    If you are building muscle as you work out that could weigh more than the body fat you are losing. Did you measure your waist, etc.? Can they test your body fat at the gym to see if you are losing body fat? It is important to eat at least 3-4 small meals each day to keep your body burning calories all day. Skipping meals can slow your metabolism.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    So the way My Fitness Pal works is that as you log your exercise, it will add extra calories to your goal for the day... so your 1270 may become 1570 if you burn 300 in a workout. So yes, you're supposed to eat more.

If you can't eat what you're supposed to, here are my suggestions: Stay away from low-fat/low-cal/no-sugar-added/non-foods. Eat real food: full fat dairy, nuts, seeds, meats, beans, avocados, fruits and veggies. A handful of nuts and a piece of cheese ups the calories like mad.
  • sudione
    sudione Posts: 20
    Options
    BMR is: 1,417 calories/day But what's that suppose to mean? What should I do now???
  • sudione
    Options
    I eat! If you don't believe me, please look at my daily food diary. (I don't know if you can or not, I am new at this) My body fat remained at 33% and my waist is still 38!!! I don't know what to do any more?!#$%^*
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to search, in Groups, for Eat More to Weigh Less. Read through the stickies. There's wonderful information about the merits of properly fueling your body and how to do it. Support from the members is amazing and they're always ready to answer questions and help in any way they can. Good luck on your new adventure!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You said yourself you can hardly reach 1200. To some extent it is a matter of calories. Even if your diet is perfectly clean, if you're not eating enough, your body will conserve energy so it can function on what you're giving it. Your body needs 1417 calories for you to stay alive in a comatose state - that's how many calories you'd get through a feeding tube if you were unconscious in a hospital bed. To move around all day and then work out on top of that, you need to eat more.
  • karenpatricia30
    Options
    Take a look at what you are eating..How many of your calories are coming from protein, fat, ect. That is where you might need to tweek. Also how much H20 are you drinking? That also plays a roll and your sodium. After a week take your weight again and see if there is a difference. That is what helped me
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I became a member of myfitnesspal at the end of June. It told me to eat 1270 calories. At the same time, I joined a gym and my coach told me I need to eat at least 1500 calories. I hardly can reach 1200!!!! and I excersice more than I log it in there, but I did not lose even one pound since then. I don't have high expectations. I just want to lose five pounds in a healthy way and I will be a VERY happy camper. Any suggestion?

P.S. This is the first time I am using this board. If I need to add or change any settings for you to help me, please let me know.

The PT was right!
  • sudione
    Options
    So that is what it means?!!! I did not know! Thank you so much! : )
  • steffcontreras
    Options
    i have the SAME EXACT SITUATION AS YOU! D: idk what to do either:ohwell:
    I'm just going to keep on going and see if by the end of next week i lose another pound:frown:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Hi,

5lbs means you are already lean.

Lean people have a tough time losing weight due to hormones.

Use this:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

And eat about 10% below TDEE for about a month to get to goal.
    Get ready to eat BTW because right now you are doing it wrong.

Hugs!
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    I encourage you to search, in Groups, for Eat More to Weigh Less. Read through the stickies. There's wonderful information about the merits of properly fueling your body and how to do it. Support from the members is amazing and they're always ready to answer questions and help in any way they can. Good luck on your new adventure!

EXACTLY THIS! ^ Keep researching and trying things (but give them due time) and find what works for you. You will get it, it's not easy, but because of that it is very rewarding :)