Hey

Options
My name is Joe. I just joined this site but have been working out for just about 3 years now. When I started working out I weighed in at 370 pounds. I currently weigh 235 pounds. I have lost a lot of weight, look and feel great. I just don't know now exactly where to go with my body type. I am still on the rounder side. I want to loose the gut and pack on some muscles. I have been going to the gym for a while now lifting weights, and doing ab exercises, not seeing much of an improvement. My weekly schedule is as follows I run the minimum of 7 miles up to 10 miles three to four days a week. I strength train two to three times a week. My goal is to be able to run this half marathon I signed up for in November and then to do the tough mudder in december that I signed up for. Also to have a better looking body, get rid of the flab, tone and tighten up.

Replies

• tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    wow wtg!!!! Thats truly inspirational that you lost that much. :)
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    If you're running 21-40 miles a week (with multiple runs up to 10 miles) this half is going to not even be an issue at 13.1 miles.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    ab exercises are pointless. strength training - specifically those that work the legs - are better for your belly than ab exercises. Just stick with it.... You've made awesome progress. Just takes some time. :)
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    great job on the weight loss so far, keep it up, do some cardio and do weights at the gym
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    awesome Joe, proud of u for yur achievements :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • 13_Joker
    Options
    Thank you, all of you so much. I am really trying to be dedicated to working out, and sticking with it. I have for a logn while. Every now and then I take a break from running. It seems hard to get back into it, so I am really trying to stick with it. Just running long distance like I do do getsvery boring. Especially when my runs can take up to almost two hrs if i decide to run 10 miles.
    I heard that ab exercises don't work as effective, as I can tell as well. I do primarily lower and upper body workouts, to really work the whole body.
    I recently just got my girlfriend running. She is 3 weeks into running and she loves. Don't as her about it while she is running. She hates every second of it while she is running. I am so very proud of her, and for her taking the leap to into the running world. She signed up for her first 5k to help get motivated. She goes out anywhere 3-4 run sessions and trys to hit the gym for weight training. Her progress is so awesome, she is so inspirational. The first time she went out she walked the distance of 3.1 miles. Now after 3 weeks of runnign she is up to running half the distance and walkign the other half.
    Her first 5k is for the 18th of this month, I am excitedto run with her, and for her to run as well.