Starting INSANITY Tomorrow

Options
I mean it this time! I'm 30 lbs overweight. I'm 36 and a mom of 3. I feel that I am at a decision point. Either make a change and get my body back, or admit defeat and live the rest of my life ashamed to see old friends. HERE I GO! I have Insanity ready in the DVD player, and all of the ingredients to follow the nutrition guide. Anyone else doing it?

Replies

• kt2134
    kt2134 Posts: 45
    Options
    I want to start Insanity so bad but I don't think I'm ready for it yet. I don't want to spend all that money and then I never actually do the damn program. I'm going to finish 30DS and then decide from there
  • casiebooth
    casiebooth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity, I am on month 1 wk three. It is definitely a love hate relationship! It was really difficult at first but has slowly gotten a little easier. Month two scares me though! You can add me as a friend if you like. :wink:
  • juliegalland
    juliegalland Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am doing insanity and i need to lose 35+lbs. I'm 45 and not very strong. But I have been sticking to it and am on week 8 and I really like it. I've lost 9lbs so far and feel a lot better. I highly recommend it!
  • thickchick8454
    thickchick8454 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is shaneil and i'm also a mom of 3 and in need of losing weight i thought about getting the program but a lil scared it looks like a alot. But when you start it let me know how it is
  • Cainesjunior
    Options
    I just finished day four
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I finish week 1 tomorrow. It's brutal but awesome. Feel free to add me if you like. Best of luck
  • ShanM0593
    Options
    I am almost finished month 1 of Insanity (day 25). I promise you if I can do it, ANYONE can. I have 100lbs. to lose. I've had 4 kids in the past 6 years, and am 6 months post-partum. It's just a matter of doing it. You're not going to look like they do in the video the first time out, it's going to hurt and you're going to sweat but as long as you stick to it, and try again the next day you'll see results!

Feel free to add me if you'd like some Insanity friends! :D Good luck!!
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    Half way through and it is very demanding. Just remember to do your best and don't attempt to keep up with Sean T and the other people. Do not doubt yourself as it's a process and if you could keep up with them you probably wouldn't have had to buy the program! :) You will notice that you get incrementally better every day and by the end of week 2 you'll notice that your keeping up more and more. Also, the Fit Test is very hard but just know that this is YOUR starting point not anyone else. You'll be pleasantly surprised with the 2nd results. Lastly, if you don't have a Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap it's highly recommend it if you can afford one. You go hard for about 3 minutes but it's critical that you let your HRM come back down before moving to the next level. I simply pause it during the 30 second break and let my HR recover to 60% (~136 for me) then jump back in. I find that both the number of times I need to do this and the amount of time I need to pause are both getting less.

You'll love it!
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Month 1 week 2, feel free to add me so that I can let you know what to expect and push you along when you want to quit lol
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing week 7. It is definitely hard, and as someone who has never had good cardio endurance, it's been even more of a challenge. But the good news is I've seen amazing improvements in endurance and strength in the last 7 weeks. Last night I even ran a 5k without having trained for it - haven't gone running at all in at least 2 months. If you stick with it you will definitely see results! If you go to my profile you can see my pics from day 1 to day 40. Thus far I've lost 7 pounds and a few inches.
  • aprilbullock76
    aprilbullock76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ill post how it is going. It will probably kick my behind!
  • aprilbullock76
    Options
    I added you! Thanks so much. This site is awesome! I already feel like I have new friends on my team. Just ate my first Insanity meal, and in a few minutes, I guess I'll start the program.
  • aprilbullock76
    Options
    Okay, how does this work? I was going to reply to each person who was kind enough to respond to me, but it looks like its just going straight to the bottom of the post. I'm still technically challenged on this site I guess!
  • StephJB1221
    Options
    Hey guys! I completed P90x today!!!!! Yay! Insanity might be my next move! I have a private support team with plenty of ppl doing insanity/p90x/ turbofire and other fitness where we post workouts, advice, concerns, tips, motivation etc if you would like to join I would live to help you on your journey!!!!!!! Add and/or message me!!!! Good luck everyone!!!!
  • simone143
    simone143 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I completed month 1 and lost 6 inches ( didnt weigh myself so dont know how much i lost there)... Just came back from vaca and so nervous to start month 2... Add me if you like
  • Tiger444
    Options
    Hi just started today I have started les mills pump a week ago and since I am really loving this program I am hoping to stick with it.
    I also have around 20 pounds to lose and am really serious about taking it off.