30DS

Options
Has anyone done the 30 day shred? If so, how was it? I don't really have alot of weight to lose - I want to lose inches and I keep hearing about this 30DS DVD. Anyone try it and do they have before and after pics or even measurement differences?

Replies

• QuestToLose
    QuestToLose Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Today was day 3, level one for me. I started off taking a lot of breaks but today was better. Even though my body was sore all over, i still pushed through. Day 1 is usually heartbreaking but you will realize that it keeps getting better. I'm only on day 3 and I feel like it is getting more do-able, not easier though. Goodluck!
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    You can get them free on you tube to try it out.
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
  • Ashley870910
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/687780-my-30-day-shred-results-pics

These are my results. All I have to complain about is it get boring towards the last half of each level. It is a great workout though!! Good luck!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Today I finished day 10 of level 2, its been amazing so far I feel so much stronger than before. For only 25 min its a good workout. I'm, not quite ready to post pictures but I will in another 10 days (12 since I don't do it on Sundays) I have lost 4 lbs and gone down a pant size already. It really is as good as the hype says, you should definitely try it. I got the disk for 9 bucks at walmart so its a good price for the quality as well.
  • megangrohl
    Options
    Thanks for the link on YT. I was going to see if I could DL it. I want to play it in my livingroom where I can be where my daughter is. Also thank you for the pics. It's great to see the progress. I only have 4 lbs to lose but I want to lose about 5 inches off my sides, and flatten my tummy a little bit more.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose inches it is great. I only lost like 4 pounds doing it, but I lost over 10 inches total, and I stuck with the "easy" version. I am going to do it again, and do the "hard" version. It is actually fun, even if you don't like Jillian, because I have never cared for her, but her workouts do the trick.
  • megangrohl
    Options
    Thanks for the info, hope I can lose the few inches I desire!
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just finished doing 30DS in July. This was the first time I really got into a routine of exercising again after a rather tough pregnancy so I followed most of the modified moves. I'm now doing it again along with two of JMs other DVDs and have found that I can stay with the more advanced moves for most exercises. 30DS is great for inches, strength, and endurance. These are my results.

July 1st
    Weight: 204
    Waist 43.75
    Hips 45.5
    Arms 12.25/13
    Thighs 26/26.5
    Chest 45.5
    Body Fat %: 43.8

July 31
    Weight: 196.8 (-7.2 lbs)
    Waist: 39 (-4.75)
    Hips: 44.5 (-1)
    Arms: 11.5/12 (-.75/-1)
    Thighs: 25/25.25 (-1/-1.25)
    Chest: 44 (-1.5)
    Body Fat %: 38

Total inches lost: 11.25
  • megangrohl
    Options
    Wow thats good progress. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread with your progress
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I could have written your OP! I'm very near my goal weight, but I need to reduce my body fat % and tone. I started the 30DS last Sunday, so I've made it through 6 days of level 1. Today will be day 7. I've definitely noticed an increase in endurance and strength, the exercises are getting easier and I'm pushing myself harder to keep the intensity up. I've been using cans from the pantry in place of weights because I haven't been able to get to the store and buy some weights, but I'm going to rectify that today.

No after pictures yet but I took some before pictures and measurements, so I'll have before/afters to share when I'm done. I was planning to build in a couple of rest days a week but I decided to push through and get the fastest results. I'm nervous about starting level 2 in a couple of days, I hear it's killer.

Once I get though this routine, I'm going to go up to maintenance calories and start lifting weights to build muscle and hopefully get the definition I'm really looking for. But I think the 30DS will get me well on my way.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Here are my results:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/683568-30-day-shred-results-photos

I definitely recommend the 30DS. I'm doing Ripped in 30 now. :)
  • megangrohl
    Options
    Here are my results:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/683568-30-day-shred-results-photos

I definitely recommend the 30DS. I'm doing Ripped in 30 now. :)

WOW great results!