Counting protein?

Options
Krisstah
Krisstah Posts: 136 Member
Someone said i should be keeping track of my protein.. however besides the influence it has with my diabetes and the absorption of carbs to sugar into my blood, i am not really sure why i am being asked to keep track of this.

Replies

• selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    for me i eat protein to eat durning the day cause i dont eat that many calories as i once did. the protein will make me not as hungry during the day
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Because it is a macro nutrient your body needs.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. They are linked together in complex formations. There are 20 different amino acids, 9 of which are considered essential because our bodies cannot produce them naturally, and therefore they must be obtained through the diet. Proteins that contain all 20 amino acids are called complete proteins. Complete proteins are found in animal products such as meat, eggs and milk.

Proteins crucial role in the body includes building, maintaining and repairing body tissue. It is especially important to physically active individuals whose muscle tissue is constantly in need of repair. Protein has other roles in the body. All enzymes and hormones, which perform vital functions, are proteins. In addition, proteins are used to aid in the immune process.
  • Senrabk
    Senrabk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Protein and Fiber help keep you full longer, besides that protein also helps to build lean muscles. It especially important to make sure you are getting enough when you work out to ensure your muscles will rebuild
  • jtakingcareofherself
    jtakingcareofherself Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Are you seriously asking this question? Or just being sarcastic?
  • Krisstah
    Options
    Okay thank you. Lol i asked her twice and she never answered me yet so ive been wondering. I have never had much of an issue eating meat or getting protein so im not too worried about the numbers, just wanted to know why i should be keeping track
  • Krisstah
    Options
    I am not being sarcastic. =/ Was this supposed to be common knowledge or something?
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Fat, carbs, and protein are the three macros that make up calories. It's always good to know in what form you are taking in your calories.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Someone said i should be keeping track of my protein.. however besides the influence it has with my diabetes and the absorption of carbs to sugar into my blood, i am not really sure why i am being asked to keep track of this.

Since you have diabetes I would encourage you to speak to your Doctor regarding protein, how much you should have daily and how it fits into your diet
  • Krisstah
    Options
    i will send an email off to my dietitian in the morning, thanks.