Working out when it's 107 degrees

Options
Ok, so I live in Dallas, Texas, and it is so hot in August. Hello 70 plus days last year of 100 plus degree heat. Where do you get the motivation to workout even indoors when it's so stinking hot outside? What exercises do you do indoors or outdoors other than swimming.

Replies

• emily_fox
    emily_fox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, I live in Irving, so I COMPLETELY understand the extreme heat here. Working out indoors is a MUST right now. I invested in P90X so that I can work out at my home. You can get plenty of workout dvds at walmart too, if you don't want to spend the money that beachbody charges. But, even though it's expensive, it is sooooo worth it!!! and no, I'm not a beachbody coach haha
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Workout DVD's. I'm a summer hermit. I hate going outside unless it is to swim or tan. It's been a really hot summer in Indiana.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I go to costco and workout in those huge fridges they have :smile: :laugh: -I wish!!!-
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada, so I only have to deal with this for a few months of the year. This summer I have just held myself to my exercise schedule and been mentally tough about working out. That being said I did have to modify my workouts to deal with the heat. I moved my window air conditioner to the room where I workout doing dvds in front of the tv, this made it possible to continue. However, my treadmill is in the basement and it gets humid there. I just had to slow my runs down. I watch my heart rate and run accordingly and I still get the same burn even though I am going slower- must have something to do with the heat.
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I prefer to do gardening and enjoy the weather. Perhaps take late night walks when its cooler could be a better alternative. Myself, I cant stand to workout when its hot and humid....i just dont have the energy,could also be dangerous?
  • bhajrizi11
    bhajrizi11 Posts: 101
    Options
    im in Hotlanta, GA

The weather SUCKS right now. I stick to my jillian michaels videos and the gym i go to has a few classes. I have tried to wake up early and get a run in before the heat but I do better on a treadmill watching a good movie. The gym is my first choice. I tend to lose motivation and give up if I'm at the house working out lol.
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Easy, you puton body wrap and sweat off 10 lbs ;P
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I live in Sacramento and we have plenty of 100+ degree days. I do have the luxury of a gym membership so I really lean on that but I also get up early enough so that I can exercise my dogs. Getting up before it gets crazy hot just may be the simpliest answer to your problem. : )
  • marvelscale
    Options
    I was just out walking in 80 degrees and could barely deal with it!
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Right now, I live in an apartment in a not so great neighborhood, so going out for a walk or something isn't exactly high on my to-do list when it's NOT blazing hot out. But even so, I plan on doing some garden work when we get into our new house in a SAFE neighborhood and taking many breaks in between, and then doing at-home cardio, and hopefully find a good used weights set and my husband and I can spot each other in the evenings.
  • ashleyjoy80
    Options
    I live in Phoenix and I get my running in between 5-6am each morning. It's usually 85 degrees outside but the sun isn't beating down on me. It's not my ideal condition but it beats running on a treadmill or working out indoors.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    Ok, so I live in Dallas, Texas, and it is so hot in August. Hello 70 plus days last year of 100 plus degree heat. Where do you get the motivation to workout even indoors when it's so stinking hot outside? What exercises do you do indoors or outdoors other than swimming.

You either have to get up before sunrise or stay inside. I live by Fort Worth and am outside a lot during the day. Water!

It seems as if the heat doesn't get you the mosquitos will. lol.

Last year was worse but I don't remember feeling the heat this much. Oh well, just one more month and then it will cool off to the cool 80's.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I was just out walking in 80 degrees and could barely deal with it!

Our starting temp this morning was 82. lol.