Hello! New to this site...

Options
Hi All,

I just joined today (this site was recommended to me by a friend). I'm hoping to meet and cheer on others who are on a similar journey to a healthier body. My main goal is to lose enough weight that I feel comfortable physically; I figure the body image issues will come along as a natural side effect :)

Sadie

Replies

• Hello! I'm new too! I also heard about this site through a friend, and I'm already amazed at how effective it can be to actually see my calories on a list in front of me. It's so easy to lose track when you're not paying attention, eh? Good luck to you!
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me for support! I have been here since March and have lost 27 lbs. thanks to the support I get here.
    Tara
  • Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • evahall123
    Options
    I am also new to the site. I will take any help/advice I can get!
  • nly1972
    nly1972 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!!
  • BlueSadie
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome!
  • tabata_t21
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me!!!
  • hsmith1989
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me. I've been using mfp for a while now and it is great for tracking your macros. I'm down about 25lbs since I started.
  • PhyllisHuddleston
    Options
    Just joined today...need friends and motivation and support and success!!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile. :)
    I don't wish people good luck, I never had it and don't need it! Luck doesn't get you through this... hard work does! :)
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Welcome all and feel free to add me.
  • atasha82
    atasha82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome you will enjoy it here
  • G00DKARMA
    Options
    Welcome! Good to meet you! I will add you as a friend. The best part of this is all the mutual support! We can do this!