Best belly and Chest work outs.

Options
I am trying to mainly target my upper body from now until Oct 1st. I have pretty small legs already and I my belly and chest area is where my main problem is. So does anyone know some really got at home work outs that can help me target those 2 main areas?

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Squats and dead lifts are the best thing I've ever done for my abs, but they also work the rest of your lower body and core too. Chest... bench press and pull-ups.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Abs: Planks, crunches, weighted side bends, weighted twists, leg raises, v-sits.

Chest: Chest press, flies, pull overs, push ups.
    pull-ups.

Don't those work your back? I'm thinking if you feel your pull ups in your chest you're doing something wrong.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Abs: Planks, crunches, weighted side bends, weighted twists, leg raises, v-sits.

Chest: Chest press, flies, pull overs, push ups.
    pull-ups.

Don't those work your back? I'm thinking if you feel your pull ups in your chest you're doing something wrong.

They work a variety of muscles (which is a good thing), chest muscle are among them.
  • Cuppy0923
    Options
    Awesome thanks.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Squats and dead lifts are the best thing I've ever done for my abs, but they also work the rest of your lower body and core too. Chest... bench press and pull-ups.

Do you do much in the way of isolated/dedicated abdominal/oblique exercises or stick to the heavy compound lifts? My abs/obliques always feel really firm and solid after doing heavy deadlifts & squats and even to a lesser extent when doing bent over rows and overhead presses. I will occasionally throw in some ab exercises too when I've got a few minutes to spare at the end of a session but it's definitely not something I do regularly.