Greetings from Texas

Options
:smile: I just joined this site a few days ago. I have been on my own pace since April and lost 20 pounds so far. Then a friend told me about this site for added support. Any support received would be greatly appreciated and I will in return support your goals and praise your accomplishments.

Replies

• Ksalter217
    Ksalter217 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing the weight! That is so great I am sure you will reach your goal in no time. I am trying to start my weight lose. Any tips?
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!

MFP is a really great resource to keep you focused and connect you with a wealth of fitness resources and like minded folks.

1. Log your foods every day - don't skip days, or parts of your day. log everything!
    2. Analyze each day - see where it went good and where it went bad - too much fat? maybe too many carbs? over the calorie limit? Identify and plan how to correct it for tomorrow.
    3. Reach out to the community with questions or advice needs.
    4. Build a network of friends here!
    5. Above all, do not believe everything you read here. There is a lot of great advice, but also some misleading and hype type advice. Part of getting fit is educating yourself in aspects of health and fitness. Make sure any questionable advice is looked at with a scientific eye and look for facts, evidence, and most importantly real world proof.
    6. You are more than a number. Sometimes the scale may not say what you hoped - thats fine. weight loss is not a straight line declination. Its a bumpy line that drops over time. Don't let single day numbers get your focus away from term based results.
    7. Vary your exercises. Your body forms memories and can slow down how it burns fat and builds muscles. Keep it confused! Hit it hard with cardio styles. Build lean muscle to burn even more fat.
    8. and above all - take your photo now! You will want to look back and have a starting BEFORE picture to proudly display along with your series of PRESENT or CURRENT photos during your transformation and continued lifestyle of fitness.

I welcome you, and anyone else out there to add me as a friend. I have made fitness and health my passion and love the idea of folks joining me in my new lifestyle of being fit, healthy, and most importantly - HAPPY!.

I'm here to support and motivate!!! I find my own success comes easier when I help and fuel other folks success.

and remember - most folks care more about the quality of fuel they put in their lawn mowers than the fuel they put in their bodies. Don't be one of those people. Whole foods. Natural foods. Intelligent choices.

Fit for life,
    Mark M. Reed
    aka Marc Mayhem - Fitness Blogger, and Motivator!

Add me as a friend and take part in my daily fitness discussions, tips, and commentary on MyFitnessPal!
  • Tanya5791
    Options
    I stared controlling all my portions and completely stopped drinking soft drinks and replaced them with water. I have always loved chocolate and I replaced it with fruit that I have now come to enjoy. I need to increase my activity and exercise and I hope that will come around when the school year begins soon. Thanks for your support and I’m sure you will do great!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Lots of Texas people on MFP. Welcome! I'm in Houston; where are you?
  • Tanya5791
    Options
    I'm from Jarrell a small growing city about 40 miles north of Austin.
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am from Dallas, TX. Currently living in Grand Prairie, a suburb of Dallas.

Welcome!!
  • Tanya5791
    Options
    Thank you!
  • geesdubya
    geesdubya Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I drove through Jarrell today on the way back to DFW from Austin. I remember the big tornado there about 15 years ago. Live in Fort Worth
  • spippin73
    Options
    From one Texas girl to another...WOW! This is a great tool to watch the transformation of body take place. Keep up the good work...MFP is wonderful!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    If you need friends, feel free to add me. :smile:
  • hiawathaperez
    hiawathaperez Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi Tanya, I too joined a few days ago after leaving fitday where I had been for years. This app is fabulous in every way. I love the community for support. It is so good to see another fellow Texas on board. I just know that you will enjoy this site. BTW congratulations on loosing 20, you rock!
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Glad you joined, this site has helped me alot I hope you benifit from it. i'm up north in PA but I sevred in the air force and was stationed in San Antonio. I absolutely loved my time in Texas. I so want to go back and visit. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. :happy:
  • Tanya5791
    Options
    Yes, Jarrell is well known for the tornado that hit on May 27, 1997. Certainly a day I will never forget.
  • rippedcutupabs
    Options
    Add me too, Im from Texas!