I DID IT!!!!

Options
I know this isn't a big accomplishment, but I've never been able to do any type of pushup, its always been too hard for me. Well, today I did TEN REAL PUSHUPS. I'm amazed at how I can finally do some, even if it's a small amount.

Replies

• mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Nice progress and congrats. I hit rock bottom on situps and was doing a situp challenge two years ago and was like...uhhh...perhaps another type of situp. So well done and keep up the good work.
  • MidnightSaturn
    MidnightSaturn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I never thought I could do it, I just never had the upper body strength, but now after months i do!
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I cant do them. Did you just keep practicing?
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I can't do push-ups :grumble: so to go from none to ten is awesome!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I can barely do 3, but am working on it :)
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!

I do my push ups against the wall in the pool. Can't do anything on the ground everything has to be done in the pool for me.
  • MidnightSaturn
    Options
    I worked on lifting some weights, gradually building a little. I didn't practice them, just thought I'd give it a whirl and was very happy that I could do it! Granted, I was gritting my teeth the whole time, but I did it!
  • MidnightSaturn
    Options
    Oh! And PLANKS. LOTS OF PLANKS!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You have every right to be proud of yourself!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! I'd like to be able to do these too. I just started JM's 30DS and she has you doing them on the first level. I do as many real ones as I can (2 and 1/2 - LOL) and then switch to the knee ones. I would be thrilled to do 10 - congrats and good work!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • MidnightSaturn
    Options
    Thank ya'll! I really appreciate the support!
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    it is a big deal!!!!!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    That is great...keep at it and see where you go.
  • joepolo70
    Options
    Great Job!
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    That's great! Making progress in exercise is a wonderful feeling.

If you're feeling extra ambitious, check out the Hundred Pushup Challenge webpage. You'll be knocking out 100 in no time!

http://hundredpushups.com/
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I think it IS a big accomplishment. I still can't do a push up. Hell I can't even do girl push ups lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!