WATER! OH HOW I HATE YOU...

Options
WHY WATER? WHY?!!

I need you yet I hate you (sounds similar to past boyfriends....)

8 cups a day? Really?

It's a GOOD day when I can down 4 cups of water...

I know water is the key to curbing your appetite and maintaining a healthy functioning body but it's so hard!

I have always hated water

It's like taking cough medicine.

Replies

• crmason88
    Options
    I completely agree with you on this topic. I hate water for 2 reasons, the taste and that it upsets my stomach. I used to get around it by adding Crystal Light packets to a bottle of water but then they decided to change the flavor and now I can't stand it. Instead of water I'm now drinking Vitamin Water. Down side is it has 100 calories but tasty and chalk full of vitamins.

You'll find something that works for you, I'd suggest trying the Crystal Light packets first, they come in many flavors and are easy on the wallet.

Blessed Be,
    Candice
  • lifeissweet89
    Options
    Yeah I tried the Crystal Light thing too but I always forgot to take the packets with me to work or something. They just weren't sticking to me as a habit .

I do love Vitamin Water! I need to start buying packs of the stuff.

My doctor always nags me about my water intake because I have eczema...

Thanks for your reply!
  • bhbarros
    bhbarros Posts: 101
    Options
    If your problem is the taste, have you tried taking a breath mint or two before drinking water? It makes the water cold and fresh and delicious.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I used to feel like that, but since I started working out more and harder, I actually crave it!
    I drink up to 14 glasses daily now. I wish I knew how that changed for me so I had some advice to give!
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    u__u water water... When I try to drink more than a few mouthfuls at a time My stomach is like NOOOOO. I don't mind the taste, but it is just so boring haha. There are these things http://puu.sh/OtmP Its bubbly flavored water. SOO good. and 0 calories. It tastes just like fruit soda, but no sugar. ( down side is aspartame :/ ) I loveeee them. If you have a Giant Food store that is where you can get them. It is the only brand that I have tried before without it tasting like seltzer bleh. But there probably are brands out there that are store-brand. : )
  • lifeissweet89
    Options
    I will definitely try the breath mint trick, never heard that one before! THANKS :happy:

Yeah people told me that drinking water would get easier as I start exercising but like today, I ran about 7 miles and I still didn't want water :ohwell:

I had to force it upon myself because even though I didn't want it, I NEEDED it.

My body is definitely stubborn...
  • timbeck1986
    Options
    sparkiling water? its like pop but water?
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    brsh your teeth before drinking.. changes the flavor.

Take a cough drop...

drink prople, vitamin water zero, aquafina splash, tea, gren tea, crystal light..

there are SO many things you can do with water.. besides water!

Drop cucumbers & lemon in it!

You can totally do water without doing "water" damn, use google!

Apparently i cant TYPE because my fingers are so worked up with water. BWAHAHA... sorry., fast fingers get me no where! Add me if you want.. i have a million & one ways with water! lol
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    The only water I like to drink is Dasani bottled water. It's kinda expensive, but I can drink it a lot, so it's worth it. Each brand of bottled water has a different taste to it and it took some testing for me to find one I like to drink a lot.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    The only water I like to drink is Dasani bottled water. It's kinda expensive, but I can drink it a lot, so it's worth it. Each brand of bottled water has a different taste to it and it took some testing for me to find one I like to drink a lot.

$0.98 is expensive??? damn, i need a new car for that price! :laugh:
  • Jamesecj
    Jamesecj Posts: 20
    Options
    I prefer the ocean spray or lipton tea drink mixes over crystal light. They are super tasty. WhiteCranPeach is my fav!!!!
  • ThePersnicketyOtter
    ThePersnicketyOtter Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Eat snowcones. They make it seem like you're not drinking water when you are, and they're a great way to cool off in the summer. :D You can flavor them with a little bit of fruit juice or koolaid packets or, you know, whatever you want. Also, for me it depends how I drink it. Drinking through a straw makes it easier for me than just drinking from a glass. Hmm, the only other thing is the colder it is the less it tastes bad to me. And then there's always Vitamin Water and things like that, and if you like flavored tea it's delicious for zero calories and that's a way to get water too.

Ooh, also, if you like any candy, drop some in the bottom, like Skittles or Jolly Ranchers. It doesn't add many calories and it's really really good.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I like to add little citric acid to my water sometimes.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    fresh wedge of lemon. lime, orange, a strawberry, or any other fruit of your liking might help. (handful of smooshed raspberries?...sure!!)

get yourself a nice water bottle, and try to make a habit of ALWAYS having it with you. you'll be surprised at how easily a habit of constantly drinking water can be formed. that is all that has worked for me. if i try to make a conscious decision to drink it, i won't. but if i have that bottle with me all the time, it will wind up empty and i dont even remember drinking that much.

personally (not that you asked lol), i would avoid all those sugar free science projects that 'enhance' your water. stick to nature and you can sidestep all the chemicals that those mixes are chock full of. :)
  • miss_grad
    miss_grad Posts: 102
    Options
    As another poster previously mentioned...

Lemons! There are so many health benefits to lemons: including weight loss and anti-cancer compounds. Plus you get all of the benefits of getting that Vitamin C :)