exercise more than what you eat?

Options
Is it ok to exercise more than what you eat?
For example if you eat 1200 calories a day would it be ok to exercise 1400 calories ?

Replies

• Andromeda173
    Options
    Nope! Not healthy AT ALL. Your body needs calories to survive, and if you have a NEGATIVE net calorie count, then your body isn't getting anything at all!
    Granted, if you're super mobidly obese and on a doctor supervised diet/workout regiment, then it can work, but only in the short term.

Don't think of this as a diet--think of this as a lifestyle change. Most people here will recommend a smaller, but maintainable calorie deficit.

Think of it this way--don't do anything that is physically unsustainable long-time. There's no way you could eat 1200 and exercise 1400 everyday forever. You could wreak havoc with your body and your health!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, I thought it was unhealthy but just wanted to check to make sure thats what I shouldn't be doing.
    I started thinking maybe you need negative calories to actually lose weight.
  • CassieLOL
    CassieLOL Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, I thought it was unhealthy but just wanted to check to make sure thats what I shouldn't be doing.
    I started thinking maybe you need negative calories to actually lose weight.

nope! as long as you aren't overreating or consuming large amounts of unhealthy foods and keeping up with your exercise, you should have no problem losing weight. (: