Anyone have any low calorie easy lunch recipes please?

Options
2»

Replies

• curlyloon
    curlyloon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to have an open faced sandwich, I use one slice Ezekiel bread, two slices of thick 98% fat free turkey breast, 9 pieces of turkey pepperoni and a yellow mustard. It comes to about 190calories and then I'll also have some fruit and unsweetened tea with it :-)
  • CassieLOL
    CassieLOL Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Homemade Egg Drop Soup! (: Fills you up, low-cal, and delicious!

What you’ll need:
    Swanson’s 99% Fat-Free Chicken Broth (Beef works fine too - it just doesn’t taste as good in my opinion (: )
    Egg Beaters OR 3 Large Eggs
    How to:
    1) Fill pot up with 1 FULL container of Swanson’s Chicken Broth and put on med-high heat. Bring to a boil.
    2) For egg beaters, pour desired amount into measuring cup. (i used the equivalent of 3 eggs)
    For normal eggs, crack open the eggs into a bowl. Whisk them fully.
    3) Once broth is brought to a boil, pour the eggs in the broth and begin to whisk them. Whisk for about 20 seconds, then turn the heat down to low.
    4) Congrats, you’re done!
    Calorie Information: (for whole pot)
    EGG BEATERS: 119 cal, .8 g fat, 22.6 g protein
    3 LARGE EGGS: 229 cal, 15.8 g fat, 20.6 protein
    (The broth is high in sodium - so if you find a replacement that will work too! - recipe is easily altered (: )
  • StephStepByStep
    StephStepByStep Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Homemade Egg Drop Soup! (: Fills you up, low-cal, and delicious!

What you’ll need:
    Swanson’s 99% Fat-Free Chicken Broth (Beef works fine too - it just doesn’t taste as good in my opinion (: )
    Egg Beaters OR 3 Large Eggs
    How to:
    1) Fill pot up with 1 FULL container of Swanson’s Chicken Broth and put on med-high heat. Bring to a boil.
    2) For egg beaters, pour desired amount into measuring cup. (i used the equivalent of 3 eggs)
    For normal eggs, crack open the eggs into a bowl. Whisk them fully.
    3) Once broth is brought to a boil, pour the eggs in the broth and begin to whisk them. Whisk for about 20 seconds, then turn the heat down to low.
    4) Congrats, you’re done!
    Calorie Information: (for whole pot)
    EGG BEATERS: 119 cal, .8 g fat, 22.6 g protein
    3 LARGE EGGS: 229 cal, 15.8 g fat, 20.6 protein
    (The broth is high in sodium - so if you find a replacement that will work too! - recipe is easily altered (: )

This sounds really good. Bump!
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup beans and a chicken hot dog with 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
  • madams1974
    madams1974 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    someone posted this and i kept it as a book mark! have fun exploring...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/658405-35-quick-low-calorie-lunches
  • everyroadleadswhere
    Options
    bump
  • brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome.
    I will givei i t a try at my full time job on Monday!
    Tomorrow is just lots of fresh veggies and a wrap.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Kim :)
  • Anastasiasosa
    Anastasiasosa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like to do a whole wheat wrap with 2 strips fully cooked bacon, 2% swiss cheese, spinach leaves and a teaspoon of light mayo. If you can find a low sodium bacon strip it isn't too bad. One wrap came out to 187 calories and I have a fruit with it.
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    2 zuchini slice thin
    onion powder (or slice of onion)
    minced garlic
    1/2 tbsp butter (or a few sprays of I Can't Believe Its Not Butter spray)
    Wrap above items in foil and put in toaster oven (at 300) for about 20 minutes (longer or shorter depending on how soft you want it
    Once it is cooked add 1 wedge Light Laughing Cow Cheese - I use swiss but you can use any kind.

When I make this at work, I put the first items in the microwave and cook for 2 1/2 minutes then add the cheese. it is also good without the cheese!
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am down 67 lbs and now where I want to be size wize. That being said my lunch is always...always...always....fresh raw veggies. I try to have about 5'veggies per lunch and rotate them daily. The 2 snacks before and after lunch have a lean protein such as 1% cottage cheese or Greek yogurt. The veggies can be cut and bagged on Sun evening and all you have to do is grab handfuls and throw them in a container. Fast and extremely nutritious!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    A good side that I often make is baby carrots, broccoli cut up, marinated in zesty italian dressing over night. It is really delicious, low cal, filling and delicious! Oh and my favourite part of it - it is quick and easy.

I make a big batch of it, and take a few carrots and a few broccolis out and it stays good for a few days.
  • teemarania
    Options
    bump