Navigating the Landmines - Eating healthy when eating out

Options
OK, so someone mentioned this in another thread I posted and I like the idea. So here goes, I'm looking for ideas of people's favorite healthy (or at least not deadly) menu options at restaurants which typically have pretty unhealthy menus. Ideally, I'd like to see this become a comprehensive thread people can use as a resource when they go out to eat for how to get through it and jave a bit of a treat without throwing your entire calorie and macro intake out of whack. I'll post a few of my own and I hope others can follow suit:

Culver's: Double Burger Basket with Side Salad (Raspberry Vinegrette) and Pepsi Zero - 566 Calories, 48g Carbs, 26g Fat, 37g Protein

Applebees: Signature Sirloin with Garlic Shrimp - 500 Calories, 31g Carbs, 20g Fat, 51g Protein

QDoba: Naked Grillded Chicken Burrito (Pinto, Rice, Salsa Verde & Lettuce) - 570 Calories, 73g Carbs, 14g Fat, 39g Protein

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    teeeeheeeee... you said Naked

seriously, that sirloin & garlic shrimp is pretty darn good!
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    bump hoping more people will add to this.
  • chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    For Cheesecake Factory, their new Skinnylicious menu has a lot of tasty options!

In general, I try to look at the website for nutrition info before I go.

I also check healthydiningfinder.com to look at better options in chain restaurants.
  • tannyasawyer
    tannyasawyer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Pizza Express (UK) have a Leggera range of pizzas. They are 500 calories and five different varieties. Pretty much a thin crust pizza made with less mozzarella and omit high calorie ingredients, such as pepperoni. These have a hole in the middle which they fill with rocket salad, santos tomatoes sprinkled with hard ricotta cheese and a small amount of light dressing. I normally have mine without the cheese (not keen), so a couple less calories, but sooo good. Great for a 'guilty' treat.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Frankie and Bennys have some great "under 300 cal" options. I love their spaghetti oceana.