Name droppers!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama (several times)
    Nelson Mandela
    Desmond Tutu

I also one knocked Jacques Derrida into a toilet. (that one's for the intellectuals) True Story.

Do I win?
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    zimbabwe prime minister - met him thru our charity work in zimbabwe

the list goes on , these madeth most impact for me

The president or the PM? If the president, his name is Robert Mugabe. Assuming this, did you not have a clear shot?

The PM is Morgan Tsvangarai. A more impressive human being, to be sure.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    zimbabwe prime minister - met him thru our charity work in zimbabwe

the list goes on , these madeth most impact for me

The president or the PM? If the president, his name is Robert Mugabe. Assuming this, did you not have a clear shot?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Sir Geoff Hurst (1966 England world cup winner), he presented our medal at a work football tournament.
    Edgar Davids outside the Nou Camp in Barcelona.

I think that's it! I have walked past Jarvis Cocker at a festival and almost bumped into Evan Dando outside a Lemonheads gig but I didn't speak to them.
  • Cainesjunior
    Options
    Chris Brown and Stephan Maubury
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options

Bahahahaa!!!!!!
  • GinaBeana1121
    GinaBeana1121 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I met The Darkness in Austin, basically the greatest day of my like, Justin made fun of my boyfriends freakishly large toes. It was magical. Haha
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I met Jewel backstage before her show in Missoula, MT a couple years ago. She is one of my musical/lyrical influences, so this was HUGE for me :)
  • poshcouture
    Options
    J-Lo when I lived in NYC.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama (several times)
    Nelson Mandela
    Desmond Tutu

I also one knocked Jacques Derrida into a toilet. (that one's for the intellectuals) True Story.

Do I win?

Yes you win without a doubt. I'm jealous.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Too many to name.

A few stick out though: I went to grammar school with Tara Reid from "American Pie" fame. She wasn't always the train wreck that she is now. Sweet kid.

Kelly Ripa used to live a few doors down from my in-laws about 12 years ago. Sweetest person ever.

Martina Nartivolova (sp?) the tennis player. I ran into her about 15 years ago in JFK airport in NY and had like a 5-minute conversation with her in the ladies room. Nice gal.
  • headertone
    Options
    Uhhh....I met Mr. McFeely (David Newell) from Mr. Rogers neighborhood and he signed a picture for me, and The Guys Next Door ( they were a saturday morning show boy band)...and I grew up in the same town as Don Knotts, does that count? lol
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    bill-murray-funny.jpg
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    I met Chely Wright, a country singer when I was stationed in South Korea,

and I am sure you girls know Chris Kelly from One Tree Hill, Taylor Hilton. Got to meet him firsthand with the kids. Awesome guy he his.

I met tatanka from WWF era, not WWE, and some of the back in the day Giants, Hampton, Taylor, they used to eat at a restaurant in Manhanttan called the Lost Diner..
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    I met Dog th Bounty Hunter and his Family, at a book signing.

did you have to dip out the back hehe:bigsmile: