Heavenly tomato soup!

Options
ashesfromfire
ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
So I half made up this recipe tonight after reading through way too many tomato soup recipes. It's so flavorful and I loved it so I thought I'd share this magic in a bowl.

4 large Tomatoes
3 Carrots
1 large Yellow Onion
Garlic - Raw, 3 cloves
3 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
1 medium Orange Bell Pepper
2 tablespoons Oil - Olive
1 container (4 cups ea.)O - Organics - Vegetable Broth, 1 container (4 cups ea.)

Place olive oil in the bottom of a large pot and heat. Grate the three carrot, dice the onion, mince the garlic, and slice up the orange bell pepper and pop them all into the heated oil. Saute them all together until they cook down a bit (until the onions become translucent). Peel the 4 tomato and cut them into 1/8th. Add them to the pot. Stir in the basil - chopped. Also add 4 cups of vegetable broth (chicken broth is totally okay too if that's what you've got). Salt and pepper to taste. Stir and let it simmer for 45 minutes. After cooking add a couple ladles full at a time into a blender, puree and pout into a bowl - continue pureeing until you've finished the whole pot (you may like to add some more, uncooked basil in during the blending process - up to your taste)

I like it served with a little feta cheese sprinkled in it. yummy!

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Iron
Total: 601 79 29 12 21 35
Per Serving: 100 13 5 2 4 6

HOW TO PEEL TOMATOES:

Boil a pot of water.
Slice a X across the bottom f the tomato.
plop the tomato into the boiling water for 15 seconds
Remove from pot and drop into a bowl of ice water.
Use a knife to help you peel the skin away.

Replies