Committed

Options
Hey guys!

I'm curious, does anyone else here have a certain moment or time when they realized that they're in it and committed to their new diet/exercise/lifestyle change?

I went away for the weekend with my boyfriend, and had decided that I wasn't going to worry about any of it as I've been doing great, and I'd just eat what I wanted. I was looking forward to certain bad foods I'd had before too. However, at lunch time when we got these delicious special cut take-away fries, I could only eat a bit less than half before I didn't want any more. We'd booked at a restaurant before a concert we went to, and in the past I couldn't have gone past the wagyu burger with fries. This time however, I opted for the grilled chicken and watercress salad. Didn't think about it as part of my diet, just appealed to me more. Never EVER thought I'd be ordering a salad for dinner!!!

This isn't to say that I had a really healthy weekend (went far over calories due to alcohol and big breakfasts) but I think that it really was the turning point to me that I am committed to this, even without realizing it!

It's a pretty good feeling because even if my weekend wasn't that healthy on the whole, it's nice to see that the changes I'm trying are really sinking in!

Does anyone else have a good turning point story? :)

Replies

• NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    This is why people say its not a diet, but a lifestyle change. You really do change how you eat. When I go out to dinner with my family or fiance I order what I want and eat what I want, cant deprive, but Ive noticed that what I want and how much I want has changed. Tho i do still go for the pasta a lot, I am now taking home a bigger portion than I used to. Ive learned to eat more protein as well so I am fuller quicker and longer. Its nice to see the change because you know its really working.

Great job so far!! and good luck to you as you continue your journey!!
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    When I first started losing weight I cut down on high caloric foods. I didn't realize it until 5 months in that I didn't have any red meat lol... From that point on I stopped eating red meat as a point I make to myself as I probably gained most of my fat from baconators at Wendy's. Anyway, yeah, your lifestyle changes and you crave different healthier foods like vegetables. I now eat vegetables that I would never eat... I still probably don't eat enough veggies but I do eat them and like them so much more. Also, always choosing whole grains and liking it more than white impresses me and makes me proud of myself lol. But yeah, I realized it the day it hit me that i had no red meat in 5 months by accident.

And yes, when I go out to eat I order things I wouldn't normally want when I was larger (except pizza, i can't get enough of that lol). But typically I would always get the pasta carraba at carrabba's (linguine with cream sauce) and now I want spicy red sauced linguine with seafood. It's odd, other more fattening things taste bland to me now.

It's also much easier now to eat healthy during the week as long as I have cheat days and cheat vacations as they keep me on track.