Making better decisions

Options
Recently I've challenged myself to make better decisions as it relates to my health and nutrition. My family has a history of heart related issues and I don't want to be the next. I have spent most of my life feeling like I have plenty of time to dedicate myself into eating better so nothing tragic would happen to me. Well, I've waited long enough. I just joined My Fitness Pal and I love it! I look forward to sharing my journey and reading about yours as well. Take care and here's to making better decisions. Cheers

Replies

• foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new love affair!
    All the best :)
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Here's to making better choices!! :drinker:
  • erinmshafer
    Options
    Best of luck to you. My moment was when my mom was diagnosed with diabetes. My dad has had it since I was in high school (I'm 31). I started out 80 pounds overweight, now about 50. By the grace of God, reality check moments can last into real action.
  • Zeb77
    Zeb77 Posts: 2
    Options
    love that everyone is so friendly and supportive but wow love that bike girl wooo hooo, my partner and myself have just bourght a wreck of a yamaha to do up as our new baby lol, he is just as looking forward to it as I am, maybe he can ride the bike while I run beside him lol
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I try to never toally deprive myself, but at the same time not give in to all the temptations. I plan my cheat, and I make it very good. I don't just eat junk because it's lying around. If I am gonna go all out, it's gonna be something of my choosing, and it's gonna be AWESOME!!!
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have 3 main reasons why I'm here.

After finding out my older sister was ill, I FINALLY figured out that no one was going to take care of me...but ME! duh.
    I want to live my second 50 BETTER.
    I want to squeeze in as many years as I can with my loving husband.

It's truely amazing what it takes for us to wake up, right?

Good luck with your journey! Stay active on the forum, it's a great source of support.
  • TwinBear007
    Options
    Thanks
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I think you'll like it here ....... logging meals & exercise is easy , and helps to keep us focused ......

My goal is to be able to go to sleep each night knowing I did the best I could that day ...... (am NOT always successful, but that's my goal :drinker: )

Have fun !
  • JilianneNicole
    JilianneNicole Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Best of luck and welcome to your journey. Feel free to add me or anyone else for that matter. I am on everyday and always try to be encouraging and honest when necessary! I love helping anyone that I can on this 1,000 mile journey!!