Breakfast Ideas!?

Options
The meal I have most trouble with is breakfast. I never feel completely full & it doesn't hold me very long, by lunch time I'm famished! What are you guys eating for breakfast? I could use some ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Eggs with ham and cheese (I use cottage cheese, or goat cheese) a bit of salt and pepper, mix it all together and pop it in the oven for 30 min at 350 F, you can add veggies as well. Its like a crustless quiche, yum!!!!!

How about having a snack mid way between breakfast and lunch, thats what I do. A piece of fruit, some nuts, or something else that can last you til lunch ....
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    I have a waffle sammich. Two waffles with grilled chicken. It's actually very good.
    Or 2 hard boiled eggs and toast with jelly.
    Those keep me pretty full :3
  • Mikeman1962
    Options
    Oatmeal… I put some cinnamon in it, and spread fruit flavored greek yogurt on top. It holds me until lunch no problem.

Edit- sometime I put a banana instead of yogurt.
  • rladd6421
    rladd6421 Posts: 455
    Options
    my breakfast is usually a cup of almond milk, a 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup of blueberries, and a scoop of protein powder. keeps me full until my next meal time which is around 3-3.5 hrs later.
  • patcaplanandrews
    Options
    I eat either Instant Breakfast, oatmeal with raisins and banana, or peanut butter and banana. If you get hungry before lunch, you can have an apple.
  • gmarosie1
    Options
    I find I make a omelet from two eggs and ham. Some times add onions. I use laughing cow cheese. I am totally full for a very long time.
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Laughing Cow cheese, and I have become addicted. Most days this week I have had a wedge of cheese, 2 boiled eggs, a handful of butter crackers and grapes...425 cals, 47g carbs, 19g fat, and 17g protein.
  • erinleigh76
    Options
    I'm a smoothie girl and use greek yogurt and a half a banana all the time...helps keep me full until lunch
  • xoxobollywood1991
    Options
    Either scrambled eggs or omelette with turkey ham & veggies. Around 120 calories!!
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    i make my own egg mcmuffin at home! large egg, bacon or ham, cheddar cheese and a light english muffin! it definitely holds me over!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I LOVE big breakfasts!!!

check out my blog for recipes! :D

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SPNLuver83
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup quaker oats, 1/8 cup craisins, 1/2 cup egg whites. Add water to suit, microwave for 2 minutes.
  • gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Depends on how many calories you want? This morning I had a big breakfast ... two slices multigrain toast, two pieces ham (on the toast) with scrambled eggs on top (2 eggs, 2 egg whites) with finely grated swiss cheese (mmmm) and a couple small peaches. 537 calories If you wanted a bit smaller breakfast, I'm sure that could be halved and be satisfying.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    I eat this pretty much every morning

http://www.cookingwithjax.com/2011/01/apple-pie-breakfast.html

Sundays I like to have 2 eggo waffles (lower calorie ones) topped with a blended mixture of apple pie filling (found one that has splenda for lower calories) and reduced calorie syrup.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I bated Greek yogurt tell I tried the dannon/stony oikios stuff I assume it has more sugar but the calories are fine and it doesn't have a sour taste to me.
  • ndbirdmomDiane
    Options
    my breakfast is usually a cup of almond milk, a 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup of blueberries, and a scoop of protein powder. keeps me full until my next meal time which is around 3-3.5 hrs later.

This is a very good breakfast. I will sometimes substitute Chia Seeds for the rolled oats for variety. Either one, rolled oats or Chia Seeds in a smoothie of your choice keeps you full until your next meal. Here is my recipe:

1/2 cup frozen mixed berries or frozen blueberries
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats (dry) or 1/2 tablespoon Chia Seeds
    1 tablespoon plain Greek Yogurt
    1 cup Almond Milk or enough to make pouring consistancy.
    Blend ingredients in a blender and serve. Makes one serving.

You can switch it up any way you want.........if you like coconut milk or skim milk that works too. Use different berries or fruit, just make sure most of the fruit is frozen..............works best in a smoothie.

Have fun with your breakfast.
    Diane
  • ArtemisXXII
    Options
    1 cup of Multi-grain cheerios, 1/2 cup fat free milk, a banana, and 1 cup of Orange Juice. 2 Low-fat whole grain waffles, with 2 tablespoons peanut butter, and 1 tablespoon of strawberry preserves. Either will keep me full until lunch.

Sometimes I'll get really crazy and make myself buttermilk pancakes or french toast but that's a rare happening.
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    my morning eating is the same thing every day....don't know if you have the luxury of having a morning snack or not but if you do you could always try: my breakfast and morning snack routine. 3/4c. multi-grain cheerios (peanut butter flavored) or 3/4c. cinnamon chex, 1c. 1%milk, and then 2 hours later eat 1c. fresh cubed cantalope.....this is what works for me. but i eat about every 2 to 3 hours. i find that helps me from feeling famished.
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    I have a waffle sammich. Two waffles with grilled chicken. It's actually very good.
    Wrap it in bacon and top it with extra maple syrup, ooohhh....
    LOL
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Spinach & Ham Quiche--it's amazing!! and very filling!

http://allpatchedupquilts.blogspot.com/2012/07/spinach-ham-quiche.html