I'm eating less...why am I gaining?

Options
For about two months I was eating horribly, consuming 1,800-2,000 calories a day, doing an hour of cardio a day, and I lost 12 pounds. For the past month I've been exercising a ton, eating healthy (no wheat, no dairy, lots of meat and veggies) and consuming 1,200-1,500 calories a day and I've gained 3 pounds. This week I pushed extra hard because I wanted to lose it and I gained another pound.
I don't think it could be muscle mass because I've only been doing strength training ofr three weeks.
Can somebody explain what I've been doing wrong? Feel free to look at my diary. I know I haven't been doing stellar but I should at least be maintaining since I haven't been going over 2,000, right? Will I always have to eat 1200 in order to maintain?

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Go back to eating 1800-2000 calories per day, but make it good whole food.

Why fix what ain't broke.
  • Betsiross
    Options
    I would like some help too! I have been on here for almost 6 weeks and keep my calories at 1200 but then add excercise. I have only lost and gained the same. Couple of lbs! Am I not eating enough? Frustrating!
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    1200 - 1500 is too little food for you and you just proved it. Go back to your higher intake level but just eat healthier.
    Check out this link - it will help you figure out what your target should be rather than the restrictive 1200-1500 many start with.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12?hl=dans+roadmap
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    Bump
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site for about 2 months and lost 3 pounds, i RARELY strength train or exercise but I've been eating MUCH less and a lot healthier...so I feel your pain!!
  • mgeaux
    mgeaux Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough would be my guess and maybe you are gaining muscle too. With me when I think I'm over eating, like on the weekends. I feel guilty then I go and weigh in and I've lost 2-3 lbs. I'm like wth but hey its working. So just up your food intake now and then and see what happens.