need ideas for chicken

Options
I could really use some help coming up with dinners that involve boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I make them a lot as my husband is a VERY picky eater. I need something healthy and easy/simple.

Thanks in advance!
Blessed Be

Replies

• NCISFanatic01
    NCISFanatic01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Don't know just what kind of diet you are working on here..However I have a few things I do with chicken
    he may like.

If you aren't cutting out breading on foods his one you can try.

Tater dipped oven baked fried chicken.

Instant potato flakes
    egg wash or water
    your choice of seasonings
    non stick spray.

depending on the amount of chicken you are making.
    for two servings

no more than 1 cup of instant potato flakes and your
    seasoning choices mixed into a shallow bowl or small
    casserole/pie dish. Roll chicken in egg wash or water
    Roll chicken in tater flakes to coat
    place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non
    stick spray. spray chicken lightly with cooking spray.
    bake in over at 350-275 until chicken is white and potatoes
    are golden brown. No fat used in this recipe so it's pretty low in
    fat. Of course I like using boneless thighs because the meat stays
    moist and tender but the breasts will turn out great too.
  • Callean321
    Callean321 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just made this last night.....super easy and the fam loved it. Sweet Russian Chicken.....
    Place 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in an oven pan
    Mix together:
    1 cup of Catalina or Russian Dressing
    1 c of Pineapple and Appricot preserves
    1 envelope onion soup mix (dry)
    Pour over the chicken then cook for 35-40 minutes at 350
    Serve with rice....1/6th is 373 calories
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Slice it thinly, coat with flour and sautee with onions, garlic and mushrooms (if you like them) then deglaze the pan with a bit of lemon juice, add a bit of broth (just to cover the chicken) let simmer for about 20 mins. and serve over whatever you like (rice, pasta or starchy veg? for suggestions.)
    Even my twelve year old and two year old love this.

EDIT: You could also coat it lightly in some low cal. mayo, then coat with italian breadcrumbs. Put in a 350 deg. oven for around 40-50 mins. and you get THE most moist perfectly cooked chicken breasts ever. (I love this recipe. Use baggies for the coatings to make it easier to clean up!)
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite because it's so easy to make a ton all at once and then reheat the leftovers at work the next couple days.

Set oven to 350. Put chicken breasts on foil-covered baking sheet and spray both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle any spices you like on top of the chicken (we use rosemary, basil, and thyme).

Cook at 350 for 15 minutes per side or until cooked to proper temperature. (Ovens vary.)

Meanwhile, make a pot of brown rice. I use Uncle Ben's. It takes about 10 minutes altogether when using the stove top.

In another pot, empty a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, whatever kind you like. We use peas and carrots.

When the rice is finished, dump the mixed veggies into the rice and stir together. It will end up a lot like fried rice, only without all of the fat/salt. :) You could even add a bit of scrambled egg if you want some more protein.

My BF likes to eat the chicken separate from the rice, but I like to dice the chicken and mix it into the rice.

This makes a very filling dinner, thanks to all of the protein and fiber. It's also fairly cheap.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Don't know just what kind of diet you are working on here..However I have a few things I do with chicken
    he may like.

If you aren't cutting out breading on foods his one you can try.

Tater dipped oven baked fried chicken.

Instant potato flakes
    egg wash or water
    your choice of seasonings
    non stick spray.

depending on the amount of chicken you are making.
    for two servings

no more than 1 cup of instant potato flakes and your
    seasoning choices mixed into a shallow bowl or small
    casserole/pie dish. Roll chicken in egg wash or water
    Roll chicken in tater flakes to coat
    place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non
    stick spray. spray chicken lightly with cooking spray.
    bake in over at 350-275 until chicken is white and potatoes
    are golden brown. No fat used in this recipe so it's pretty low in
    fat. Of course I like using boneless thighs because the meat stays
    moist and tender but the breasts will turn out great too.

This sounds really good....i just might have to try this myself. I have a house full of picky eaters, but i think this just might work
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    bump for later
  • tabs121
    tabs121 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, quinoa, spinach and grilled courgette/pepper/cherry tomatoes. Add some herbs/spices to season. Very simple but filling and so healthy!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I do something very simple yet tasty with chicken. I mix some honey and lemon and put the chicken in it. Then I add all sort of appealing spices, including sea salt and pepper. I pop that either in the microwave for a few minutes or the oven. It makes the chicken moist and it tastes delightful.
  • ellebees_
    ellebees_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out skinnytaste.com? She has some amazing chicken recipes.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Chicken

My favourite are the stuffed chicken recipes, like her Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/chicken-rollatini-with-spinach-alla.html.

Some are more time consuming than others, but definitely take a look.
  • TWYZISK12
    Options
    quick and tasty - Salsa Chicken I call it Just put your bonless skinless chicken breast in a baking pan pour your favorite salsa on it and bake it for apprx 20-25 mins depending on how thick the chicken is of cosres then the last few mins add lowfat cheddar or if you can find it Meixican blend shredded cheese usually Kraft makes it ,then bake it til it melts and serve with rice. I like brown rice so that is what i use . It is simple but tasty not just a plain chicken breast .

I also will marinate thin chicken breast in fat free italian dressing and cook them on the grill and also grill different kinds of veggies with them that is also good , or you could just put the chicken with a salad .
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When yo u Google "boneless, skinless chicken breast recipes" there are 1,200,000 hits. Must be something that you might like.:smile:
  • Lorilei64
    Lorilei64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! We love this.
    Place chicken in ziploc and pound thin. Lightly coat with flour and pan fry in olive oil, 3-4 minutes per side if very thin(I use the tenders). When cooked, add the juice of 1 fresh lemon, 1 TBLS capers and a handful of fresh cilantro. Cover and remove from heat.
    I served this w/brown rice and fresh steamed veggies or a salad. Hope you like it!
  • NCISFanatic01
    NCISFanatic01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Tater dipped chicken tastes like fried chicken. I got that from a cook book I bought years ago. My family eats it up.

Another good one is this.

Cheese nip chicken

boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
    cheese nips (crushed or proces into a cheese bread crumb type breading)
    You can use reduced fat ones as well.
    Sour cream(you can use fat free as well)
    non stick buttery spray

put cheese nip crumbs in a shallow baking dish or pie pan
    put sour cream in a shallow baking dish or pie pan.
    coat chicken in the sour cream
    roll it in the cheese nip crumbs
    place on baking sheet coated lightly with non stick spray
    bake in oven at 375 until chicken is cooked through and
    breading is slightly darker and crispy.

YUMMO..
  • maryrajes
    Options
    I try to find crockpot recipes for chicken; this is what I recently tried and loved!
    Green Tomatillo Chicken
    6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 med yellow onion, sliced
    2 cloves garlic, diced
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper
    1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
    1 c green tomatillo salsa
    1 1/2 c sour cream

Directions: in small bowl, mix all ingredients except chicken and sour cream. Place chicken in crockpot and pour mixture over chicken. Cook on low 6-8 hours; on high 3-4 hours. Before serving, mix in sour cream. Serve with a veggie or rice.
  • KarenK37
    KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    YUMMY! EVERYTHING SOUNDS DELICIOUS!:smile:
  • elewellen
    elewellen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If u are doing low carb high protein try this pork rinds crushed but use egg beater first to wet chicken then roll in the crushed pork rinds. Then bake the chicken. Yum and very high protein low, 0 carbs.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I love Braised Balsamic Chicken from Allrecipes.com.

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    ground black pepper to taste
    1 teaspoon garlic salt
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 onion, thinly sliced
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon dried rosemary
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    Directions

Season chicken breasts with ground black pepper and garlic salt. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet, and brown the onion and seasoned chicken breasts.
    Pour tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken, and season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
  • CallyBeth08
    CallyBeth08 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Teryaki Chicken.

In a good size pan, fill the bottom about half an inch of Teryaki Marinade. Put the chicken in, touching each other as closly as possible.Sprinkle your favorite seasoning on top, and Bake at 350 degrees F, for an hour. Done. Serve with any sides. Great for both Breasts as well as thighs. Add some pineapple to make it a little sweeter. I make it all the time. No need to butter the bottom or sides of pan, the teryaki keeps it from sticking. My boyfriend cant stand Chicken, this is the only chicken dish he will eat.