Any Planet Fitness Members here?

Options
Just wondering if you have any tips for a good beginner workout plan?
Or possible any online resources?

Replies

• Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Does your PF have much in the way of free weights?
  • CoffeeJunkieMann
    CoffeeJunkieMann Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'd have top look at the actual amounts, but there seems to be a decent amount.
  • Ashers83
    Ashers83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My PF has hardly any free weights. A VERY small selection in the back near the 30 minute workout area. My gym is is also extremely crowded and very hot and humid so I don't go much :( I've been working out at home more and taking kickboxing classes so I'm pretty much wasting my money there at this point!! Also, I see my students there which makes me uncomfortable!!!
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is the communist of all gyms. They have dress guidelines for ya. mostly machines, and is mostly a gym for women.
  • CoffeeJunkieMann
    Options
    I can agree its not the best place for someone looking to get all ripped, but for a fellow like me, who just wants to lose weight, Keep it off and Tone up, its fine.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I can agree its not the best place for someone looking to get all ripped, but for a fellow like me, who just wants to lose weight, Keep it off and Tone up, its fine.

Honestly even if there are no free weights the major advantage that free weights have over machines is that you can control the weight. Work on really squeezing the muscles that you are working with machines and you will be fine.
  • CoffeeJunkieMann
    Options
    Thanks to both of you!
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    There is actually a group for us:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1326-planet-fitness

I do the Abs circuit and 30-min circuit every second day. I also toss in some back exercises. I figure when I'm down another 30lbs, I'll switch over to free weights. I'm losing 1-2 lbs a week and that's a fine rate for me.
  • CoffeeJunkieMann
    Options
    Excellent, Thanks