Recumbent Bicycle

Options
Anyone own one of these? I'm thinking about getting one so I can get some kind of exercise everyday instead of at the gym twice a week. Any feedback will be helpful so I can make an informed decision. Thanks.

Replies

• elewellen
    elewellen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I own a Nordic track one just purchased from sears for 134 great it was a return keep your eye open for a buy such as this they also had a treadmill Nordic track nice return less than 400 it was gone the next day.
  • nana_1968
    Options
    Bought one back in May and really enjoy this exercise. I find that it is much easier to do than the treadmill as I have some problems with my circulation. I started out only able to do about 5 minutes but have worked my way up to 45-60 minutes a day. I have lost 25 lbs so far!
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I scoured Craigslist and found one that I negotiated for $75. In terms of quality, eh, it's a proform. It gets my heart rate up and I burn calories while watching tv or surfing on the I-Pad. I'm biking right now!

exercise.png
  • Jeanniesb
    Jeanniesb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recumbent bicycle myself but I have to deal with balance issues and I hear that they are wonderful. I've heard a lot of great things about them. I've been thinking of getting one also. Hope that helps some! :0)
  • nana_1968
    Options
    I just bought the cheapest one at Wal-mart for only $137. It is a Weslo with no fancy display but it works great!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I have a Gold's Gym recumbent bike I got at WalMart for $100. It bought it when I injured my knee and the doc told me not to use the treadmill. Great exercise if you push yourself and crank up the tension (and doesn't hurt the knees at all).
  • mrramsey
    mrramsey Posts: 49
    Options
    Haha I think you are talking about an actual recumbent bicycle and not a recumbent exerciser like in a gym. If this is the case, recumbent bicycles are great. Very comfortable to ride especially if you have any back troubles. One thing to keep in mind is that they are typically longer and heavier than a traditional bicycle. Not a big deal until it comes to transporting it with a car if you commute to a bike path or something.
  • thebrianmo
    thebrianmo Posts: 108
    Options
    Anyone own one of these? I'm thinking about getting one so I can get some kind of exercise everyday instead of at the gym twice a week. Any feedback will be helpful so I can make an informed decision. Thanks.

I bought one for my wife and she loves it. We actually found it on Craigslist, brand new for $50.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    We have a pretty fancy one. It's ok, sort of boring I think but nice when I'm watching tv.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my recumbent stationary bike! It has built in speakers so I can plug my phone in and pedal to my music.