Love Salad Dressing?

Nicmc8
Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I am sure that most of you veteran MFP's know this one, but I thought I would share anyhow. I love Ranch dressing, so it was a big step for me to even buy the "light" dressing... but I did. Then I was trying to figure out how 2-TBSP of dressing was going to be enough for 2 heaping cups of salad mix.... I started thinking about the weird combos of food my mom would always come up with and I thought... Hmmm wonder what it would be like to mix salsa with ranch? It was great! I mixed 2-TBSP of dressing (70 cal)with 2-TBSP(10 cal) of salsa and had plenty to mix with my salad.

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    I had actually never heard of that or even thought of it, so thank you for the suggestion. It's great! I'm going to try it.
  • Amberly10
    Amberly10 Posts: 41 Member
    I love dressing and would have never thought mix ranch and salsa. I will def. have to give it a try! Thanks:)
  • Im gonna have to try that, Sounds better than adding water like I used to lool
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    I always do this! I had a salad recipie once that used it and have done it on regular salads ever since. It is really good on wraps too, instead of mayo.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Salsa/ ranch is delicious. That's what comes with the Dole Southwest Salad Kit, I believe.
  • lifechanges06
    lifechanges06 Posts: 26 Member
    sounds good, cant wait to try it
  • Tim964
    Tim964 Posts: 36 Member
    I do this for taco salads since giving up sour cream.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Hmmm....that sounds like an interesting mix!

Making your own ranch at home using the dry mix works pretty awesome too. It tastes WAY better than any bottled ranch and you can control what milk and what mayo goes into it.

Someone else gave the idea of mixing the dry ranch mix in with Fage which I thought sounded pretty awesome as well. I can't wait to try that!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    I worked for WW for years and never heard of this....I feel so stupid...why didn't I think of this???? I LOVE ranch and salsa!
    Thanks!!!!!!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    I use salsa as dressing all the time. i like ranch too but have strayed away from it due to healthier alternatives. adding a little ranch to my salsa dressing sounds really good though! i will probably use this on wraps and sandwiches too. thanks!
This discussion has been closed.