Hi everyone!! New to MFP and need friends badly!

Options
Hopefully I don't sound desperate.. lol

I just joined a couple of days ago and am a couple pounds down. 2 down, 198 to go! I'm currently 5'4 and 226 pounds and over-all want to get to 130, however am just starting with my 1st goal to get into "one-derland" and down to 170 by Christmas. The first Christmas I'll be able to wear something cute and not something completely covering me up and being embarrassed when people take pictures of me.. I'll post last Christmas's picture when I get a few more pounds off.. yuck

Anyway, I'm hoping to have an awesome success story at the end with lots of pictures and people to thank for it, so i'll be cheesey now and say join me on this journey!! Would love to have some friends for support and who I can also encourage so we can do it together. Just please don't be 130 lbs. with 10 pounds to lose.. lol I had that happen last time and they never even logged on- so hopefully I'll find some friends that are committed and really need support!

Sorry for babbling, but thanks for lookin!! =)

Cheers!

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Hi! Start here. Read this and work up your numbers to see what you should be eating. It sounds like you have a good idea about how long this is going to take. Good luck!
  • kshilliard
    kshilliard Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there..my name is Shawna. I have a long way to go and am always looking for some support. I'm 5"3 and weigh 261 pounds. My goal is to get to 140 or 145 and go from there. I set 10 pound goals for myself and that makes it a little less intimidating. I know what you mean with the christmas pictures lol. I made an account last oct and decided to stick with weight watchers..but after only losing 19 pounds with ww..I decided to come back to mfp. :smile: Anyway..feel free to add me if you like:)
  • CoffeeJunkieMann
    CoffeeJunkieMann Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I think the more people to keep me accountable, the better I'll do
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    welcome and feel free to add me. :o) I have 100 pounds I need to lose. I log on everyday. I am down 8 pounds right now. But I only weigh in once a month at Curves and that's how I track my progress and it works great cause I also get measurements taken too. I just started taking this serious within the last month so that's why my weight loss is so small. I never really had the drive to get the weight off till recently when I had to have gallbladder surgery and couldn't button or zip my favorite pair of capris :o( Now I am motivated.
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want, the more friends I make the better I do and the more people I can help the better I feel about myself.
  • babygotback560
    babygotback560 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    u can add me
  • LeesieLuLu88
    LeesieLuLu88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just joined today and have at least 150lbs to lose! Could use a friend also! :)
  • katielick77
    katielick77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey I just joined a week ago and am wanting to loose 60-70lbs! Really been trying to keep up workout routine and eat cleaner especially this mont when we have 3 birthdays to celebrate and u know what kids and birthdays means, CAKE,,
  • MrsJones112604
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm not new, but I'm finally BACK :)
    ...and I need to make sure I'm done giving up. Anyone feel free to add me :)
    btw I have 120lbs to lose, so add me if you're on a long journey as well :)
  • brooks850
    brooks850 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Bon,

Good luck, I just posted an into this morning as well. I have about 60lbs to lose.

Brooks