difference in weight loss! Any advice appreciated!

Options
Well i weighed myself on my home scales and according to them i have lost 6lb in the last 2 weeks. However i also weighed myself at the gym to get my body fat % two weeks ago and also today (again to compare body fat %) and in the same period of time they say i only lost 1lb. So i am at a loss of what to do, it seems a big difference in two sets of scales and now i dont know whether i should be pleased with myself or pushing myself harder. Any ideas?

Replies

• kiwi1254
    Options
    You should go by the scale you use everyday so I think your home scale is accurate.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Maybe, you weighed at the gym at a different time of day?

I would also advise using one scale at the same time of day too
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    I looked at your food diary and you ate less than 1000 calories.
    Eat AT LEAST 1200.
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    different scales also you can show a difference of 5 pounds during the day. weigh yourself first thing in the morning after visiting the restroom and before you eat or drink anything
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary and you ate less than 1000 calories.
    Eat AT LEAST 1200.

this. And weigh on the same scale at the same time of day wearing (or not wearing) the same thing. period. comparing your weight on scales has too many factors coming into play to be anywhere near reliable or accurate.

Now, go eat something! :)
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!! I know i am under on the cals today but i have been feeling ill this week and my throat is so sore now i can hardly swallow!!! Can i be excused??!!! lol!!!