Certified Personal Trainer Here! Looking For Help?

Options
Hey Guys! My name is Justin, a certified personal trainer here at a big local gym.

I just wanted to let everyone know after many many days of having a myfitnesspal account I had no idea about these message boards; mainly due to the fact I was only using it on my cell phone.

So, in that case, if anyone has any questions regarding diet, nutrition, or training; please dont be a stranger and feel free to ask me.

Please request me or message me. Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Much Love,
Justin

Replies

• kaatielove
    kaatielove Posts: 113
    Options
    Very nice of you to offer your services.. be prepared to have your inbox blown up :)
  • jvdx
    jvdx Posts: 57
    Options
    calorie deficit = fatloss.

tadaaa
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the offer of help :)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Can we see some credentials?
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Very kind of you to offer. How about a first question. I'm really trying to step up my fitness level but an old knee injury makes for some painful nights. After a workout or walk--ICE? Heat? Ibuprofen?
  • Sunnysings
    Options
    So nice of you to offer your services! I'd like to ask how does one go about restarting a walking plan.. I use to walk 3 miles a day5x's a week.. then I had a stent put in due to 95% blockage... That was last August 5th 2011.. and I'm stiill sitting on my (_l_)! I'm scared I suppose and all the meds I'm on make me sooooooooooo tired... I know the words of wisdom... "I don't want it bad enough yet".
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    Hey I'm too cheap to spring for a personal trainer.

Give me some tips, is there anything else I can be doing to lose weight faster?
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

tadaa

This is awesome,but don't forget spot reducing, my new HRM has a fitness zone, fat burn zone, and spot reduce zone
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I can use all the help I can get, friend request on the way. Thanks for the offer :happy:
  • LordByproduct
    Options
    Hi Justin i have a question as i am new to this site. according to the fitness pal thingy i can have 2090 calories a day to be on track to lose 2pounds per week. great. so then i add exercise (2 20-30 minute swim sessions a day) and when i log my exercise it informs me i can have more calories = how many i worked off. do i understand this correctly or am i better off to stick to the original 2090 cals. or can i eat 2090+600 for that day. it just seems counter-intuitive?
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Hi Justin i have a question as i am new to this site. according to the fitness pal thingy i can have 2090 calories a day to be on track to lose 2pounds per week. great. so then i add exercise (2 20-30 minute swim sessions a day) and when i log my exercise it informs me i can have more calories = how many i worked off. do i understand this correctly or am i better off to stick to the original 2090 cals. or can i eat 2090+600 for that day. it just seems counter-intuitive?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions?page=1

check out the stickies, in general diet and weight loss - articles you want to read again (and again)

To the OP, yes what are your qualifications as a personal trainer?
  • jayadams86
    Options
    Very nice of you to offer your services.. be prepared to have your inbox blown up :)

Katie; bring it on! ;)

Credentials:
    -Associates Degree in Communications
    -Plan to pursue a Bachelor's degree in health/marketing field from Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
    -National Academy of Sports Medicine(NASM) CPT
    -Work at Island Gym and Fitness(www.islandgym.com)
    -Part of the Professional Health and Fitness Provider Network.
    -Have read thousands of articles and books on nutrition, supplementation, and fitness.
    -Specialize in nutrition
    -Owner and president of an online blog that produces health and fitness related topics, recipes, workouts, and so on. (leanlivin.wordpress.com)
    -Knowledgeable in marketing
    -Personally know professional fitness models and trainers, some whom I interviewed for college projects.
    -Currently working on TRX Certification.
  • jayadams86
    Options

If your goal is to lose weight/fat; then do not eat the calories back. If it were me; id set my calories on pace to lose a pound a week, than add in the cardio you do now. Or; dont do any cardio. Serious; if your already in a caloric deficit you do not need to be in any more of a deficit from cardio; if you do your body will begin to burn muscle. whats that do? Less muscle you have; slower your metabolism is.
  • jayadams86
    Options

tadaa

This is awesome,but don't forget spot reducing, my new HRM has a fitness zone, fat burn zone, and spot reduce zone

You cannot spot reduce fat. Fat is dispersed everywhere throughout your body; so your body will decide where it comes from. Simple formula to remember is calories in vs. calories out. Find your maintenance calories; subtract 500 from that number, and hit that every single day.
  • jayadams86
    Options
    Hey I'm too cheap to spring for a personal trainer.

Give me some tips, is there anything else I can be doing to lose weight faster?

Id have to know what your currently doing in order to lose the weight you want to lose; than I can offer additional tactics for weight to come off. Thanks.
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    i just posted this on a board but then saw your offer of advice......
    Sat 08/04/12 09:00 PM

Well i weighed myself on my home scales and according to them i have lost 6lb in the last 2 weeks. However i also weighed myself at the gym to get my body fat % two weeks ago and also today (again to compare body fat %) and in the same period of time they say i only lost 1lb. So i am at a loss of what to do, it seems a big difference in two sets of scales and now i dont know whether i should be pleased with myself or pushing myself harder. Any ideas?
  • jayadams86
    Options

Well i weighed myself on my home scales and according to them i have lost 6lb in the last 2 weeks. However i also weighed myself at the gym to get my body fat % two weeks ago and also today (again to compare body fat %) and in the same period of time they say i only lost 1lb. So i am at a loss of what to do, it seems a big difference in two sets of scales and now i dont know whether i should be pleased with myself or pushing myself harder. Any ideas?

Whats your program look like? Water weight can be a huge factor here. The key to losing weight is to always be consistent with your efforts; day in and day out. And the scale will eventually go down whether its a week for few weeks.
  • lilgemforgets
    Options

Whats your program look like? Water weight can be a huge factor here. The key to losing weight is to always be consistent with your efforts; day in and day out. And the scale will eventually go down whether its a week for few weeks.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Question for you...I have a personal trainer, and he is adamant that I only do no more than 70 mins of exercise a day...str or cardio or combined. Why would that be? He never actually said WHY its bad, just that I shouldn't....
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Is it okay to be over on protein everyday? I'm
    usually over. Does it have any negative effects?
This discussion has been closed.