Water makes a difference!!!

Options
Ok so yesterday I sat around all day feeling fat because A.) It was my TOM, and B.) My sodium intake has been through the roof. But I've always ignored the drink 8 glasses a day water rule because I didn't think it mattered that much. But APPARENTLY it does. These pictures were taken 1 day apart and the second one was taken after I drank almost a gallon of water the night before. (and no, I wasn't just sucking in)

2en4vex.jpg

2v2jw5d.jpg

Replies

• AmandaLAcosta
    Options
    Wow! I thought I was the only one that noticed this! I have to keep my sodium to 1500 a day and drink 3 liters of water to keep myself from swelling!! And yes TOM wreaks havoc on my body!!
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    WOW, BIG DIFFERENCE. BUT, GOT TO SAY, I WOULD LIKE TO LOOK LIKE YOU IN EITHER PICTURE!!!!!!! GOOD JOB
  • HarlequinnAsh
    Options
    I always feel bloated and dehydrated when I dont get at least 100oz of water a day! I used to not like it and then started drinking it more to help curb cravings. I dont eat as much, dont crave as much and I dont feel like this bloated mass of fat jiggling around
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    WOW, BIG DIFFERENCE. BUT, GOT TO SAY, I WOULD LIKE TO LOOK LIKE YOU IN EITHER PICTURE!!!!!!! GOOD JOB

Thank you very much! I still have a few lbs to go before I reach my goal!
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    holy crap! my sodium has been thru the roof too if i lower it i could see a diff too but i do drink 9 cups minimum so i might not notice a thing! but awesome job for you!!!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Yup noticed this too.
    Hopped on scales this afternoon, just because i was curious how much extra fluid I'm holding and surprisingly it's only a pound and a half extra i think, and that's after a day of eating an drinking. So water is definitely key in keeping retention down, go figure!
  • Sage4041
    Sage4041 Posts: 13
    Options
    Ugh, so glad that I'm not just crazy! I've noticed this for years! It's really amazing how much of a difference sodium makes.
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    Well I never really cared much about tracking my sodium or water intake, but I definitely will now. Even if its not a "permanent" change in weight, it kind of is if you're eating like that every day.
  • SalamanderMeg
    SalamanderMeg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Home-brewed iced green tea really helps me prevent bloating-I don't eat a lot of salt, but on the occasions that I do (like last's nights two margaritas on the rocks with salt :-)) chugging green tea helps to flush it all out. And running like hell in the summer heat will sweat it out too!
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    Wow I didn't know green tea did that? Is it just because of the caffeine being a diuretic because I drink a LOT of coffee. lol
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I thought my trainer was crazy when he said I needed to drink at LEAST a gallon of water a day. Now that I do it, I hardly ever have problems with bloating!!! It's amazing!!!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I just cannot seem to drink that much. I have to force myself to drink water and I barely make 6 cups a day it's so frustrating.
  • panthra
    panthra Posts: 32
    Options
    I have a personal rule that everytime I pick up the bottle of water I have to take at least 5 gulps of water before I put it down. It helps me get in my 8 cups a day. I am trying to work up to a gallon of water a day. This really seems like a lot but I guess we are so dehydrated that there isn't any danger of water poisoning lol
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I just cannot seem to drink that much. I have to force myself to drink water and I barely make 6 cups a day it's so frustrating.

Like anything it's something you need to make a habit. Get a bottle of water and keep it with you at all times and sip regularly if that helps. If you're feeling hungry, first have a glass of water and wait a while, to check you weren't just thirsty and not hungry. Little things like that can make a big difference
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    How to drink a gallon a day. Carry the jug, and every time you look at it, take a drink. I prefer the jug over refilling the bottles over and over.
  • panthra
    panthra Posts: 32
    Options
    The jug won't fit in my purse lol
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, inspires me to drink more.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Definitely a difference. I drink 2 cups of coffee...then water only....I have problems with bp..Dr says stay on a low sodium intake....then my blood work always shows low sodium...go figure..I will still drink 9-11 glasses a day. I take it everywhere I go...And you can tell a difference..you look great:)
  • HipsBreastsandMore
    HipsBreastsandMore Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The trick is to think about water everytime your body is hungry. For instance, if I have already eaten something and i am still hungry, I fill up a large 32 oz cup of water and finish it before my next meal so in that way I will be full and won't eat much of the meal I have cooked/bought.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Watre does make a huge difference, well, for me at least.....Anytime I have a lot of sodium or a cheat day I drink the hell out of some water the next day. It seems to help with bloating. IMO :-)