~10 lbs @ a Time Challenge 2010!!~

Options

Replies

• tcaldsimon
    Options
    I fell off the wagon over the holidays and managed to gain back the weight I lost and then a lovely 4 extra pounds so I am up for this challenge.

Starting Weight 167
    Feb 2010 157
    March 2010 147 - Heading off for a delayed honeymoon and want to feel good in my bathing suit
    April 2010 137
    May 2010 127* Goal weight

I need all the help I can get to stay motivated. Today I've started doing a boot camp training 3 days a week along with starting South Beach. If I can keep my hands away from the snacks and not go for drinks with friends I should be able to make it.
  • alywagner
    Options
    I’m in! I only need to lose about 20 more and these last 20 are going to be killer.

123326.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My starting weight (12/01/2008) – 250
    My current weight (01/03/2010) – 160

Feb 16th goal – 150
    April 5th goal – 140 My Final Goal
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I was on the original 10 lb. challenge for 2009 and am interested in continuing the journey!

CW: 201
    Goal weight: 150

Good luck! We can all do this together!

Heather
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I like this group....how do I join and what is the scoop.....:drinker:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I think I am gonna weigh in on Sundays too. Just like the original poster. I'm gonna make my goals one at a time 10 lbs at a time. I am gonna reward myself somehow each 10lbs lost.

:flowerforyou: I think you did just join Sassiebritches good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • Francesca222
    Options
    I’m in! I only need to lose about 20 more and these last 20 are going to be killer.

123326.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My starting weight (12/01/2008) – 250
    My current weight (01/03/2010) – 160

Feb 16th goal – 150
    April 5th goal – 140 My Final Goal

CONGRATULATIONS on your amazing weight loss!! That is WONDERFUL!!!
  • alywagner
    Options
    Thanks!:smile:
  • jeanneisfat
    Options
    I am new to this MFP... I am still learning how this all works. I know this was the way a great pal lost her weight! I think thee 10lb challenge is great. I'm up for it! I just hope I know how to come back to this message area again. If anyone has any tips for a newbie to this site, please let me know :)
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    10 lbs at a time is exactly what I work towards. I'm down for this challenge.

My goals are as follow:

Starting Weight: 256 lbs
    Current Weight: 226 lbs

January 31st: 216 lbs
    February 28th: 206 lbs
    March 31st: 196 lbs
    April 30th: 186 lbs'
    May 31st: 176 lbs
    June 30th: 166 lbs
    July 30th (My Golden Birthday) 156 lbs

I am so happy to see that someone else celebrates "Golden Birthdays!"... My daughter is turning 5 on July 5th (her golden b-day) so I am taking her to Disneyland for the first time... I wanted hers to be magical! Good luck to you!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all!

I was in the original 10 pound challenge started dec. 2009. I am in this journey until i lose all the unwanted weight. Best success to everyone - WE CAN DO THIS!!!

current weight: 209
    goal weight: 150

10 pounds sounds reasonable - that would put me under 200 pounds if i stick to my guns

LETS DO THIS!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Bumping so I can read through in a while ...
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    Just checking in for the day, hope everyone is doing good!

SOOOOOO glad the holidays are over and no more temptations!!

Angela
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    Hello Ya'll -

Well I too was in the 2009 group and am ready to continue 2010.

CW:209
    goal 1/31/10:199
    Ultimate goal: 159

Can't wait to hear how everyone is progressing - best of luck and if you need a ear to listen - I am here :flowerforyou:
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Last night I started the Biggest Loser challenge at the local nutrition club and there is a guy in the group who is seriously competitive. Therefore, my goal is to not let on how competitive I am and then kick his butt in at least one of the categories. Even if I don't beat everyone, I'd be happy just beating him because he's pretty positive he can win both pots. I need all of you to keep me accountable!!

Yesterday I stayed within my calories but didn't exercise. I've logged all of the food I plan on eating for the day and will exercise tonight to stay within my calories. I think it's easier knowing just how long I NEED to exercise for to keep me motivated through it. I'm thinking I'll move on to my next Couch to 5K workout (Week 6).

Hope you're all having a fantastic start to the New Year!
    Heather
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    That sounds like great motivation Heather Good Luck!
  • yoopergirl
    yoopergirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am considering myself new to MFP as I have been gone so long. I gained about 20# the last 6 months, so my goal is to lose that PLUS another 100. It seems way too difficult to say I need to lose 120#, so I like the 10# @ a time. CW 269.2 & I feel horrible. As all of you know, it means clothes don't fit, waistbands so tight I can't bend over to tie shoes when they are snapped. Starting today, this changes. I have had breakfast & am full (eggs & toast w/pb). Sue
  • MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello Old and New Friends!!!

This Challenge should be great! Everyone seems to be so PUMPED and ready to lose this weight!! Did anyone see Biggest Loser last night? I swear that is my motivation because we are all capable of getting out of control! When I started losing weight I was 239.5 and that is not far from 300 and I have lost 32 lbs but that is not far enough away from 300 for my liking! I have decided today that I am not going to make not one excuse. December was the month of excuses for me because I had some bad emotional experiences...but the excuses stop here!!! I cannot let myself down and go back to a place where I was miserable! I love that I have this site as I have come to depend on it. I have no CRAP in the house but I need to get to the store and restock the veggies! I love cooking but I have to begin cooking preparing for the week on sunday and taking away all the prep work because the prep work is sometimes what makes me want to "grab something". I have noticed that I cannot really eat anything out because the food is FILLED with crap-ola that I don't want to eat unless absolutely needed. I guess my point is I can make this easier for myself by prepping on Sundays. I have to get to the gym but the cold weather was an excuse last month...I will fit the gym in today...NO EXCUSES!

Talk to all of you later, I will bring good news about my gym experience!
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    A friend of mine called last night and asked if I wanted to go to Zumba, after a lengthy conversation about working out with skinny girls (my friend weighs 142 and thinks she "fluffy" - I want to kick her booty). She said that she was going to sign me up anyways, what a friend, lol.

Anyone have a clue what this going to be like??

Angela
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Angela: I've heard it's a blast. It's a cardio workout based on latin dance moves, but from everything I've read the whole point is to just keep moving even if you lose track of the steps. I've been dying to try it myself and am waiting to get the new Community Ed schedule to see if they will be running the class again. If not, I'll be going back to cardio kickboxing.

Welcome to the newbies to the group and it's good to see those from the previous group here again. This will be awesome!

Last night I stayed within my calories and stuck to what I logged for my meals yesterday afternoon. I did 42 minutes of exercise (Couch to 5K, W6D1) and burned 455 calories, which I didn't eat. I drank 68 oz. of water and basically kicked butt with tons of energy! I was done working out and dinner was eaten by the time I sat down to watch Biggest Loser, so I didn't even have to feel guilty about watching others workout while I sat in my living room, relaxing!

For tonight, I already know what I'm having for dinner and will be logging it in a few minutes so I can stick to it again. I've already decided which workout video to do tonight so I have no excuses not to be good today! I've made my food diary public for viewing, so that gives me one more reason to behave because ANYONE can see my choices. (Hopefully they won't scroll back to 2009 entries).

The scale is still staying where it's been for the past week, but at least I've lost the Christmas weight I gained and I've lost a lot of inches. Even I am starting to see the difference in my appearance! I'm oh-so-close to those size 12 jeans...

Have a great day!
    Heather
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    A friend of mine called last night and asked if I wanted to go to Zumba, after a lengthy conversation about working out with skinny girls (my friend weighs 142 and thinks she "fluffy" - I want to kick her booty). She said that she was going to sign me up anyways, what a friend, lol.

Anyone have a clue what this going to be like??

Angela

I LOVE ZUMBA ... it's just plain old fun ... your "fluffy" friend is right ... you will really enjoy it. LOL