Just added this to my water and love it

Options
I can only drink so much straight water before I just get sick to death of it and stop drinking. I don't replace it with anything either so I'm probably dehydrated frequently, which now that I think about it might be why I'm always so freakin hungry, lol. I tried Crystal Light Pure but I can't find it anymore and aspartame scares me. I used Mio for a little while but that stuff is scary too. I just now added a few squirts of Stevia To Go and a capful of mint extract and it tastes AWESOME. I can't think of any reason this combo might potentially be unhealthy. I didn't use much of either and this is a 24 oz water bottle so it's pretty dilute. Just putting it out there in case anyone wanted to flavor their water without a lot of scary ingredients.

Stevia To Go: water, erythritol, Stevia extract, natural flavors (always questionable), malic acid, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate

Watkins Pure Mint Extract: alcohol, water, oil of spearmint, oil of peppermint

Replies

• Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    i add cucumber - so refreshing and totally delish!
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am like you I can't take straight water all the time.
    Been trying to find something to put in my water. May have to try this, thank you for the tip.
  • china1977
    china1977 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of or seen stevia to go.....where do you buy it at and is it in the same section as crystal light and mio?
  • jvhall83
    jvhall83 Posts: 35
    Options
    I use crystal light. I mostly drink water all day even with meals. so with meals, i add a crystal light. Works out great. I still get my water consumption and something that tastes pretty great.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I put a few crushed mint leaves in my water. It really flavors it nicely and no need for any sweetener.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Well, I prefer water flavored water, but slices of citrus fruit are also very nice.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I like to use TrueLemon. It's just fresh, dried lemon and the zest. No calories, no artificial sugars / sweeteners. Just the one ingredient. I also like that a box contains all of these individual packets that are the size of a sugar packet so I can just put a couple in my purse. I think they also have True Lime and True Orange but..
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have a pitcher that has a tube in it so you can put fruit, mint, cucumbers etc. in it. It flavors the water or tea without seeds and leaves getting into it. I love it. I can put lemon or mint in my unsweetened ice tea. I have done grapefruit, berries, cucumbers, etc with water.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I add ice to mine
  • LordByproduct
    Options
    i drink iced tea. is that bad?
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    What about a small slice of lemon or lime or orange; what about REAL Mint Leaves! Or any Herbal Tea (just a bit just for flavor). I writing and getting ideas...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I add lemon or I make unsweetened iced tea.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    true lemon is good too.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    vodka
  • martincrca
    Options
    Been making my own flavored water for the same reason! I cut up an entire peach put it in a glass container fill it with ice and keep it in the fridge till I need something with flavor, so far so good. smile:
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    MIO made us sick. Had to get rid of it, could not even finish it. It was good for a while until we realized where our stomach upset was coming from. Now I just mainly drink water, but cucumber added to it sounds like a great idea :)
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    Been making my own flavored water for the same reason! I cut up an entire peach put it in a glass container fill it with ice and keep it in the fridge till I need something with flavor, so far so good. smile:

Now that sounds good!!!!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Anyone else out there use NUUN in their water? It's sugar free and comes in a bunch of flavors lime lemon-lime and tri-berry. It's an electrolye enhancement, so it's perfect for the summer when you're sweating it out.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love to drink mint in my water - especially in the summertime! :)
  • RoseG1
    RoseG1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I like a lemon slice and mint leaves ... works great for iced tea also. There's just something about mint!
    :smile: