Finished my first 5K race today

Options
Had my first ever 5K race this morning and finished in 34:51.99. 4 months ago I started the c25k program, never really having run before. Thanking God for giving me the strength and endurance to do this!

Replies

• Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the accomplishment!!!!
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    congratulations:happy:
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • sazzydee1
    Options
    Many congratulations! You deserve to put your feet up for a while. What have you got planned next?
  • Jamie2sweat4u
    Options
    Great job!! Many more to follow I am sure of that. They get addicting
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Terrific job! That is great!
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Well done.

Congratulations on achieving this. When is your next one? :tongue:
  • adeluna76
    adeluna76 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! Awesome job!
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    I have just started C25K, so great to see it works! Well done, you should be really proud
  • zeuslalala
    zeuslalala Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I think that's great! It looks like you set a goal for yourself and accomplished it. Way to go! Set another, and guess what? You'll accomplish that one too! Good Job! Go for it...
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Really great job!!!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations!
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    That's so great. You did an awesome job!!!
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great job, congratulations
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! I love running 5ks. Everyone at these races are great. I hope you run more of them!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Way to go!
  • Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am doing a team triathalon on August 25th. I am doing the 5k run. You have just inspired me to get my time down. I am currently running/jogging/walking 2 miles and 400 yards in 30 minutes. I'm not planning to run longer than 30 minutes each day. I'm just working on getting in more laps each time. Today I went twice, and I swam. I'm running inside the airconditioning, so I am worried about the difference in terrain. 34 minutes is going to be really tough for me, I think, but that's awesome!

I have a question for you? Do people run on their toes, or is it more of a jog most of the time? Did you have to walk at all? Can I add you as a friend? I've been looking for people with the same goals as me, and it seems we might be a good match!

Congratulations again!
    Brenda_1965
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    ***ALERT***

You completed your first 5K today. Congrats! However, please be aware that you will soon be wanting to test your limits and you'll start thinking, "Hummm, I did a 5K. I wonder if I can do a 10K?" And the challenge will be on.

You'll sign up for the 10K and complete it with ease. You'll be so darn happy you won't be able to wipe the smile off your face. Until you realize .... wait just one minute. A half marathon is just a little over twice the distance of a 10K. I wonder??? Yep, thoughts of signing up for a half marathon will creep into your brain - at odd hours of the day I might add.

You'll do your research and soon become friends with Hal Higdon and/or Jeff Galloway. You'll search for a half marathon that matches a training schedule. And you'll think, "Nah. Well ... maybe. Can I? Why can't I?? OF COURSE I CAN."

You'll sign up for your first half marathon. Shoot ... your heart will be beating as fast as it was when you crossed your first 5K finish line when you hit the "Submit" button. No turning back.

You'll train and train and as you're lacing up your shoes for your half marathon you'll think to yourself, "Look how far I've come." You'll get teary eyed as you cross the finish line. You'll eat the best darn banana of your life! You'll wear your medal with pride.

But it's not over ...... you heard it from me first ........ 26.2. Yep. This thought of doing a full marathon will haunt you. You'll become better friends with Hal and Jeff. Your former "long" runs will become your short runs. You'll learn new vocabulary - LSD, fartlek, The Stick, and DOR just to name a few. You'll buy a hydration belt and Gu.

Thump, Thump, Thump ... that's the sound of your heart beating when you once again hit the submit button for a FULL MARATHON. And you know what, you'll cross that line, too.

You'll carry your medal around in your purse for a week just to show people, "Why, yes I do. I do have my marathon medal to show you. Here. LOOK!!" You'll slap a 26.2 decal on your vehicle so everyone knows the owner of the vehicle went 26.2 miles. Yep. It's YOUR vehicle.

And to think ... it all started with a 5K on August 4, 2012.

You heard it from me first.

Enjoy your victory and the many more finish lines you're going to cross!

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    great job! The above reader is so spot on. The bug is now in you, enjoy the next race, what ever it may be!!
  • MartinaC32
    MartinaC32 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrats. No matter how hard I try or how often I try I just can not run more than a mile.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!