Hi from not-so-warm Florida!

flbeachbuddy
flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, a friend told me about this site a few months ago. I finally took the plunge, it is VERY easy to use.

I am at my heaviest ever and afraid to get heavier! My problem always has been keeping the weight off. I hope this process will help me to lose and keep it off.

I was reading a post from someone who said that it wasn't a good idea to not eat all the calories allotted. I reviewed the help and didn't find anything about that. If you have input, let me know.

I am in the Tampa Bay area. Won't be going to the beach until April, it's too coooollllddd... This morning at 6:30 it was 37 degrees. Really, it is a DIFFERENT kind of cold.. Yeah, right. :ohwell:

Replies

• cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Im in Palm Harbor...and it is freeking freezing! This is crazy!

Good luck on your journey!!!!

Keep warm. They say this is going to last until at least the weekend. Brrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Canger
    Canger Posts: 1
    Hi from Fort Walton Beach! It was 28 degrees this morning BRRRRRRRRR. It's unusual to have to get the "BIG" Jackets out!

Good Luck!!!

I'll be doing what I can indoors!
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Welcome! I am in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area and it's cold enough for me down here!
  • I'm from the Tampa area too but I'm going back to Tallahassee for school tomorrow. If it's this cold here I can't imagine how cold it will be there. I like it though. I'd rather it be like this than be crazy hot.
  • Hello to everyone not so warm. I feel your pain - It is not supposed to get above zero at all this week here in northern Minnesota. I am trying to lose 30 lbs. before July - I wish everyone luck!
    Stay warm everyone!
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Hello to everyone not so warm. I feel your pain - It is not supposed to get above zero at all this week here in northern Minnesota. I am trying to lose 30 lbs. before July - I wish everyone luck!
    Stay warm everyone!

That is insane cold...but we feel like its -3 here. lol. We are spoiled with lovely weather year round.:bigsmile: Good luck to you too!
  • flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Wow, lots of activity out there! Thanks for the postings. Good luck to all.

I am going to go crawl under my comforter !

I knew I'd get some flak from the frigid north. My heart does go out for you up there!
  • Welcome! I live in Orlando.I lived in Pasco county for a couple of years so I am familiar with Tampa. Go Floridians!:drinker: I went to Universal yesterday and froze my butt off. I kept looking at all of the tourists and wondering if they expected this. Good luck on your journey!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    I agree, we are definetly not used to this cold weather but I have to admit it is nice and better than being hot and humid :bigsmile:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    I am in New Orleans, Louisiana and it is freezing. The weather is so crazy here. Next week we may be able to wear shorts. The meteorologist(sp?) said we may have snow this week. I could never live up North. My poor husband works in the Oilfield and I feel so bad for him when it is cold, he hates it.

I am originally from Tallahassee, Florida!!! All my family lives there. (aunts, uncles, cousins)
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Welcome! I am from the Atlanta, Ga. area, and I swear i saw some penguins on my way to work this a.m....lol :) it is not normal for it to be this cold in January and for more than a couple of days for that matter....you know its cold when its below 30 in Fla!
    Good luck on your journey, this site is a great motivator!
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Welcome, from Niceville here! It was 26 when I got to work this morning...brrr. This Southern girl HATES cold.

I was just in Tampa for New Year's and loved it!
This discussion has been closed.