Truly peculiar NSV

Options
mamasyd
mamasyd Posts: 80 Member
Normally one wouldn't consider having an accident of any kind to be particularly 'successful', but let me attempt to explain. Wednesday morning I was checking out of a hotel where I had spent a week. The luggage cart was loaded to capacity with some VERY heavy items. I had taken the cart down to the lobby and was positioning it at the top of the ramp where I had planned to wait for help in getting it down to the parking level. To make the long story short, let me just say that the cart got away from me. I tried to jump in front of it to stop the forward motion and lost a shoe which meant no traction. I pulled my other foot around, losing the other shoe, and not really gaining anything! My upper body strength was not enough to push back the cart and so the trip down the ramp was much faster than it should have been. I landed on the ground, half under the cart when all was said and done.

The reason that I see this as an "NSV" is twofold: First, it was significant that I could even maneuver the cart at all. Jumping in front of it and then trying to stop the motion are things that never would have been attempted before losing this much weight. The other thing, though, is that the fall didn't completely incapacitate me. At almost 400 pounds I would not have even been able to get my body off the ground, much less go on to help move furnishings into a third floor apartment (with no elevator) later that day!

It's been a long road getting to this place. I am loving the new 'me' and the things that I can do that I have never been able to do before. Admittedly, I am anxious for all the bruises and scrapes from my encounter with the luggage cart to heal up and go away. I just thought I would share that even the negatives aren't all that bad!! LOL

Replies

• babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV!! I just hope that u don't have a lot of bruises and scrapes from your fall! You have come a long way!!!! :drinker:
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    you are a good sport!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    You're truly an inspiration...checked out some of your photos and all I can say is 'wow'! Congrats on your NSV :)
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    glad you are okay, though.
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    So inspired by your ability to make lemonade!
    And that you are OK. Whew!!
    This is a victory. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!