Options
2»

Replies

• this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I eat/drink a modify shake drink of:
    powder which is 110 calories and
    Almond milk which is 70 calories for 2 cups and 1/2 cup of water)

so I end up with 20 oz drink with less than 200 Calories
    one for breakfast and lunch

and for dinner I can pretty much eat what ever but not fast food unless it's subway....but I try finish the day off as close as possible to 1200 eating mostly protein than carbs

so each day I eat 1200 calories out of 2040 and I see about lose about 4lbs a week
  • AllyLuna
    AllyLuna Posts: 32
    Options
    10 Commandments of Food

1. You can drink as much water as you want, without getting fat
    2. Eat smaller portions
    3. NO donuts. You'll finish the whole dozen within 5 minutes.
    4. NO brownies. See rule 3.
    5. When in doubt, drink more water. See rule 1
    6. A calorie is a calorie, so everything non-toxic is okay -- IN MODERATION
    7. No liquid calories. See rule 5
    8. If you've forgotten, look at rule 6 again
    9. There is absolutely no justification for eating 8 cups/servings of mac'n'cheese
    10. Think about the consequences of everything you eat, BEFORE you eat it.

Lol! Totally true!! Especially numbers 1, 6 and 10. Thanks for this list :drinker: <-- Drink that water!
  • sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Eat breakfast...thats a big one for me. But I try to stick under my alloted cals (according to me) but I don't stress if I go over one day cause usually I'm under!

I'm a new diabetic so I am still owrking on rules...they seem to change daily lol
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Never feel guilty about what I eat and everything in moderation. I refuse to live a life of depriving myself of my favorite foods.
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    1. No white carbs/starches (including potatoes and sugars)
    2. Maintain a caloric deficit through my diet (not steady-state cardio) when trying to lose fat
    3. Avoid trans fats (which includes anything "partially hydrogenated")
    4. Eat a lot of protein (whey, soy, sardines, boiled chicken, boiled fish, etc. are my favorites)
    5. Once a week I can eat anything I want and as much as I want for the entire day
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my protein intake high and include lots of fresh veggies in my diet.

Otherwise, whatever. I'm drinking wine and eating gluten-free cookies right now cause dinner barely put me at 1200 calories. The only calories I drink are my coffee, alcohol, or protein shakes.
  • KandyF
    KandyF Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    NO High Fruitcose (sp?) Corn Syrup. Prior to MFP, I started losing weight simply by that rule. The least processed the better. Better to eat a small piece of full-fat, full-flavor aged cheddar than 8 ounses of fat free chemical cheese -- and more satisfying.

When going out, order what you want -- and a to-go box to come *with the meal.* Put what doesn't fit in your food plan right in the to-go box, before you take a single bite. (Tonight's prime rib was dinner and will be several lunches as well).