I hate salads!

Options
2»

Replies

• Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I don't mean to sound mean but it makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one that hates salads. :laugh:
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    I like adding cubed ham to my salads. Kinda high in sodium but low in calories and it is so gooood!
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    I like adding diced ham to my salads. Kinda high in sodium but low in calories and it is so gooood!
  • Irish24
    Irish24 Posts: 21
    Options
    try adding some sliced almonds or craisons , really any kind of nuts and fruits. I love salads and often eat carrots and cucumbers as my junk food, just keep adding different until you find what works for you.
  • sparkler2112
    sparkler2112 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for all the advice! i will definitely have to try some of the different combinations. Its not that I feel I have to eat salads..I want to eat them but want to like them while doing so! My husband made a salad today that was out of this world! He added oranges, feta cheese, almonds with vinegar and olive oil dressing with a splash of coconut rum (and I mean just a little) : ) the coconut rum made it sooooo yummy! :bigsmile:
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha, leave it to a man to add alcohol as a salad dressing! That is hilarious! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I like salads, but I prefer them when someone else makes them for me! They always seem to taste better that way.

One of my favorites that my sister made for me is made with arugula, cherry tomatoes, avocado, pine nuts and a bit of an olive oil / rice wine vinegar dressing. The recipe is here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Arugula-Salad/Detail.aspx. I've also made it using spinach instead of arugula. My sister also uses grilled colored bell peppers in her salads, which are delicious!

Try experimenting with different lettuces, I find certain ones taste better with different types of dressing. I like my iceberg lettuce shredded with thinly sliced cucumber and a greek oregano/feta dressing. I like my romaine in a taco style salad with tons of veggies (especially colored bell peppers and a bit of onion), sliced chicken or crumbled hamburger meat, a bit of grated cheddar, a few crushed tortilla chips and ranch dressing. I like my delicate field greens with veggies, goat cheese and a honey mustard dressing by Simply Natural.
  • joturbin
    Options
    It's not so much that I hate salads, but I hate making them! It just seems like such a hassle when I get home after work and the gym, to have to get all that stuff out - never tastes that great either - still hungry afterwards...
    I end up just pouring some cheerios in a bowl instead much of the time and throwing out tons of brown lettuce in my fridge! You guys puts some good ideas here that I may try though with the dried fruit and almonds - maybe I'll pull that lettuce out of the fridge tonite.
  • jakstamp
    Options
    Have you tried any of the dressings by Renees? The Roasted red pepper one is excellent ... I literally crave it sometimes. I usually have lettuce, grilled chicken, sweet peppers, tomatoe, the roasted red pepper dressing and a FEW croutons ... every now and then I crumble a slice or two of chicken bacon into it as well ... it's really good !
  • jrhm
    jrhm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to my fitness pal, but I put all kinds of stuff in my salads: dried cranberries, raisens, dried blue berries, apple, grapes, shredded cheeses, along with the usual of celery, mushrooms, radishes, grapes, peppers, onions. I sort of clean out the frig. My husband made my salad this noon and put a hard boiled egg on it, sliced nice and thin. Also, make my own dressing so it has what I like in it and I can't run out. jrhm
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I love Grilled Romain...half the romain by cutting down the middle and bruch on a lil olive oil and grill just until it has a slight wilt, ...sprinkle a little bacon bits, olive oil and balsamic....soooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!!! We make this often!!!
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    Add beetroot, sweetcorn and red onion to give it more flavour :)
  • MissLinzi
    MissLinzi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone else is from Southern Cali, but we have a place out here called Crutons and its to die for. They've got this amazing berry salad that I've successfully been able to copy!

Sliced strawberries, raspberries, blackberrys, blueberries ( any type of berry really) sliced walnuts (or almonds), crumbled blue cheese ( I like goat cheese) and then any type of vinagrette. I have 3 dressings in my fridge right now that are awesome, but my FAVORITE is Annie's Naturals- Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette. Yummm-o!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    bump