What summer time fruit or veggies are you enjoying

Options
I just had the best watermelon I've had all summer it was cold, crisp and sweet, so made me wonder what everyone was enjoying and how?

We also had summer squash,zucchini, onion sauted with olive oil and thyme so tasty.

Replies

• TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Right now our weekly veggie box is full of spinach, zucchini, apricots, cabbage, radishes and mizuna. Plus lots of different heads of lettuce (but I'm not much of a lettuce fan) which are mostly eaten by my husband.

Also a friend brought over some of his watermelon gazpacho which looks so good, but it will be my dessert so I haven't tried it yet.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    What is mizuna never heard of it?
  • charleboo
    Options
    i'M HOOKED ON SWEET POTATOES AND EGGPLANT BAKED. WITH REAL BUTTER AND SEASONINGS. ALONG WITH SALADS. AND ALL VEGGIES TO TRY IM GAME. thank you.
  • charleboo
    Options
    what is mizuna. hopefully no nuts
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    cukes, squash, tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, peppers and berries from the backyard. they grow wild. so i'm lucky!
    friend has blueberry bushes. can't wait a few more weeks to eat em.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    what is mizuna. hopefully no nuts

its liiiike japanese or mustard greens i think?!
  • jencooks
    jencooks Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just had the most juicy black plum.
    Sweet corn is my summer favorite.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Plums, peaches and watermelon YUMM!
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, bananas and peaches.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Apricots and strawberries.
  • smilingalltheway
    Options
    Oh yeah peaches and plums and blackberries so yummy
  • VonTalia
    Options
    mangoes, plums, oranges, romaine lettuce, avocados, corn on the cob, scallions, olives, green, red, yellow peppers, blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes all from our local Farmer's Market.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Fresh tomatoes and of course watermelon :smile:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Peaches, plums, nectarines, blueberries, blackberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew. (Plus, I always have bananas and pineapple year-round)

I am CRAZY about fruit! I love it!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Cherries. When I was a kid we had a huge bing cherry tree. Every year my mom would can 100 quarts of cherries off of that one tree, which us kids would pick. Us kids would also eat our fill every day while the cherries were there. Then mom would put a sign out at the road saying "free cherries, you pick". Most of the cherries left over were the ones way at the top of the tree. People would drive under it with campers, bring painter's ladders, etc. so they could reach the cherries and would go home with boxes full of cherries. That was the darndest cherry tree. We had cherries coming out our ears. Now, even here in WA where we grow a lot of cherries, they are regular price, about $4 per pound and I have to count my pennies to afford them, not to mention the Rainier cherries, which we also had a tree, which are as high as $9 per pound. Yes, we export most of them, so what's left is high priced. Pity. I love cherries.
  • smilingalltheway
    Options
    We,ve been having tomatos from the fram stands so good , much better than the ones from the store
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    We,ve been having tomatos from the fram stands so good , much better than the ones from the store

Yeah, the stuff at the store is picked green.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and blueberries! mmm.
  • gam219
    gam219 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash. I bake it (or microwave), chop up tomato (remove seeds) and mix it together with some parmesan cheese an it's delish.
  • smilingalltheway
    Options
    Spaghetti squash. I bake it (or microwave), chop up tomato (remove seeds) and mix it together with some parmesan cheese an it's delish.
    sound good will have to try