Options
2»

Replies

• mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    Well done.

Congratulations on achieving this. When is your next one? :tongue:

Not sure, but I'm thinking about doing another one that is Sept. 8.
  • kaybelmore
    kaybelmore Posts: 124
    Options
    Grats!!! Keep running :D
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    I have a question for you? Do people run on their toes, or is it more of a jog most of the time? Did you have to walk at all? Can I add you as a friend? I've been looking for people with the same goals as me, and it seems we might be a good match!

Congratulations again!
    Brenda_1965

There were only 85 runners in the 5K I did. The fastest male ran it in 17 something minutes, and the fastest female did it in 22 something minutes, so I'm assuming they both ran much of it. Most of the people I saw were jogging. Yes, I had to walk some, and I was pretty disappointed in myself because I run 3.25 miles 4 days per week. I usually do it in 36:10-37:30, so I must have been running much faster than usual to have completed it in just under 35 min!
  • tlo23
    tlo23 Posts: 68
    Options
    Great job!! Congrats!
  • ncnorris
    ncnorris Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I hope to do the same later this year. I'm in week 4 of C25K.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you!!!! You'll never forget your first race! Way to go..
  • echosentwo
    Options
    WOW! That's great! I want to be like you when I grow up and train for it (lol) That's a great accomplishment. You should be proud of yourself. Thank you for encouraging me to run my first 5K.
  • lizzyliz79
    lizzyliz79 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is GREAT!
    ***ALERT***

You completed your first 5K today. Congrats! However, please be aware that you will soon be wanting to test your limits and you'll start thinking, "Hummm, I did a 5K. I wonder if I can do a 10K?" And the challenge will be on.

You'll sign up for the 10K and complete it with ease. You'll be so darn happy you won't be able to wipe the smile off your face. Until you realize .... wait just one minute. A half marathon is just a little over twice the distance of a 10K. I wonder??? Yep, thoughts of signing up for a half marathon will creep into your brain - at odd hours of the day I might add.

You'll do your research and soon become friends with Hal Higdon and/or Jeff Galloway. You'll search for a half marathon that matches a training schedule. And you'll think, "Nah. Well ... maybe. Can I? Why can't I?? OF COURSE I CAN."

You'll sign up for your first half marathon. Shoot ... your heart will be beating as fast as it was when you crossed your first 5K finish line when you hit the "Submit" button. No turning back.

You'll train and train and as you're lacing up your shoes for your half marathon you'll think to yourself, "Look how far I've come." You'll get teary eyed as you cross the finish line. You'll eat the best darn banana of your life! You'll wear your medal with pride.

But it's not over ...... you heard it from me first ........ 26.2. Yep. This thought of doing a full marathon will haunt you. You'll become better friends with Hal and Jeff. Your former "long" runs will become your short runs. You'll learn new vocabulary - LSD, fartlek, The Stick, and DOR just to name a few. You'll buy a hydration belt and Gu.

Thump, Thump, Thump ... that's the sound of your heart beating when you once again hit the submit button for a FULL MARATHON. And you know what, you'll cross that line, too.

You'll carry your medal around in your purse for a week just to show people, "Why, yes I do. I do have my marathon medal to show you. Here. LOOK!!" You'll slap a 26.2 decal on your vehicle so everyone knows the owner of the vehicle went 26.2 miles. Yep. It's YOUR vehicle.

And to think ... it all started with a 5K on August 4, 2012.

You heard it from me first.

Enjoy your victory and the many more finish lines you're going to cross!

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Congrats! And a great time, too! I'm so happy for you!!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congrats, and that is a really good time for a first go!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your time is soooooo much better than my first 5k!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    ***ALERT***

You completed your first 5K today. Congrats! However, please be aware that you will soon be wanting to test your limits and you'll start thinking, "Hummm, I did a 5K. I wonder if I can do a 10K?" And the challenge will be on.

You'll sign up for the 10K and complete it with ease. You'll be so darn happy you won't be able to wipe the smile off your face. Until you realize .... wait just one minute. A half marathon is just a little over twice the distance of a 10K. I wonder??? Yep, thoughts of signing up for a half marathon will creep into your brain - at odd hours of the day I might add.

You'll do your research and soon become friends with Hal Higdon and/or Jeff Galloway. You'll search for a half marathon that matches a training schedule. And you'll think, "Nah. Well ... maybe. Can I? Why can't I?? OF COURSE I CAN."

You'll sign up for your first half marathon. Shoot ... your heart will be beating as fast as it was when you crossed your first 5K finish line when you hit the "Submit" button. No turning back.

You'll train and train and as you're lacing up your shoes for your half marathon you'll think to yourself, "Look how far I've come." You'll get teary eyed as you cross the finish line. You'll eat the best darn banana of your life! You'll wear your medal with pride.

But it's not over ...... you heard it from me first ........ 26.2. Yep. This thought of doing a full marathon will haunt you. You'll become better friends with Hal and Jeff. Your former "long" runs will become your short runs. You'll learn new vocabulary - LSD, fartlek, The Stick, and DOR just to name a few. You'll buy a hydration belt and Gu.

Thump, Thump, Thump ... that's the sound of your heart beating when you once again hit the submit button for a FULL MARATHON. And you know what, you'll cross that line, too.

You'll carry your medal around in your purse for a week just to show people, "Why, yes I do. I do have my marathon medal to show you. Here. LOOK!!" You'll slap a 26.2 decal on your vehicle so everyone knows the owner of the vehicle went 26.2 miles. Yep. It's YOUR vehicle.

And to think ... it all started with a 5K on August 4, 2012.

You heard it from me first.

Enjoy your victory and the many more finish lines you're going to cross!

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

I agree....this was so awesome! My heart swelled when I read it.
  • rukus1
    rukus1 Posts: 112
    Options
    How exciting! Congratulations!
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 1st! You are no longer a 5K virgin!

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the terrific progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!