"Drop some weight" lecture still ringing in my ears

Options
13»

Replies

• 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We are all in this journey together. You are welcome to friend me if you would like some support. I am on here almost daily. I think you will do great and know that I am wishing you the very best!!:flowerforyou:
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I agree. We all know that we've done the wrong thing or we wouldn't be here. Heck - my dad told me today after I tried to explain to him that I'm counting calories that it was eating gunk and putting it in my mouth that made me this way. Sigh. Fathers can be pretty darn honest sometimes - sometimes too honest. Either way, you've taken the right step! We're here for you! You can do it! It will come off. Oh, I agree with one of the posters - it's easier to control what you eat if you post it first in your diary. I'm trying to plan ahead to know what I'm eating for the day. You can also in your diary group a section to make it a meal if it's something you eat regularly. I found that the other day. It's the item called Quick Tools that's under your food entry. That makes it easier if you have something you regularly eat. :) I loved that function.
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You can do this! It just takes time and patience. That's what we are here for!
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I can tell by your pictures you look like alot of fun!! :)
  • lthomas041495
    Options
    You inspire me. to be brave and to try hard. Thank you and I will support you any way that I can
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    *(*(*cuddles*)*)* You can do it!! Good for you for taking the first steps! :flowerforyou:
  • cheercoach80
    Options
    Great job taking the first steps. If you need anyone to talk to or support you feel free to add me! :smile:
  • LilRiver
    LilRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You've done a great thing coming here. I may have been slightly ahead of you when I found the site - I had already started moving and eating a bit better. When I found MFP it gave me the direction I needed. Coming here was the best decision I've made (since the decision to actually start doing something about the weight I'd put on).

The trick is to log everything and don't let the guilt hit you too hard if you go over - turn it into motivation to do better the next day. I like to think of it like driving a car. If you start going off the road, you don't turn the wheel further to the right and drive over the cliff... you get right back on the road.

You can do this :)
  • April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You can do it! When I made the decision to finally start going to the gym a year ago this past June, I was at 207--the highest I've ever been. I didn't think I'd ever be able to do anything at the gym and, indeed, only lasted about 10 minutes on anything I tried. And I didn't even begin to think I could, or would, lose any weight.

But here I am a year later and I've lost just shy of 30 lbs. and TODAY I worked out at the gym for an hour and a half! That still blows my mind! Never in my life have I been able to work out like that. I still have a long way to go, but I'm making progress.

You will too. And everyone here has been great!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I echo everyone else's advice. I had the same thing lead me in this direction. Stepped on the scale at the dr office and 290 came up and I thought I would die. Just 10 pounds away from the 300 mark. This was in Oct 2011. Had my dr send me to a dietician/nutritionist and came straight to mfp. This site has been a lifesaver for me. My friends have been a lifesaver full of inspiration, motivation, love and support. So far I've lost 95 pounds and currently at 195. Still have a way to go and plan on staying around for maintenance once I achieve my goal. Feel free to add me if you wish. My profile and diary is open to the public.
  • Maeiowa
    Maeiowa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have made a big step in coming here! Little steps will lead you to great places! Proud of your first step!
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    We must start somewhere. At lest you're here! I wish you luck!
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Invite just sent. You are here, so it shows that you want to change enough that you are willing to use the tools on this site to make yourself accountable and aware of what you are doing to your body. I know that you can do whatever you set your mind to! Good luck and hope that I can help pick you up if you need it. :flowerforyou:
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    welcome.........one day at a time worked for me when I first started, with the weight dropping I became more active. Now there is no stopping me. So again, Welcome and Congrats on your new beginning!
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    You CAN get healthy overnight--or at the least---overnight--begin to adapt healthy habits. How? Take it a day at a time-- to work on staying in the health zone. You are not alone courageous lady!
  • Wildflowers23
    Options
    I know your exact feelings. I'm fairly new here and hate to admit haven't used it much but it's a wonderful site. I have a great friend here that is always checking in on me and it makes me feel very good. So, the best of good wishes to you. And welcome! Paula