Just joined..

Options
Hello all! I just joined today and already think this website will be a help in reaching my goal. I have tried to lose weight countless times. I really feel like this time I am going to do it. I have lot of support and now, with this website, a ton more! Any tips or encouragement is always appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• dhissem69
    Options
    If you have an iTouch/iPhone Kari, get the application for it from iTunes Store... I find it invaluable when I am out and about to keep track of the food and what exercise I get during the day... Congrates for joining us and have a great trip... Darryl
  • cocobean2010
    Options
    :smile: Hi Kari,

I too am a newbie to this website, I just joined yesterday and finished my profile this evening. I truly believe the info found on this site along with the support will surely help me with the "battle of the bulge". I'm so eager to make and see changes. I think everyone could use a positive support system and this site definately gives that, yet so much more than that, the tools provided really help a person set up their plan. My best friend stumbled across this site and she was hooked at the get go and insisted that I too check it out, boy was she right. Anyhow, I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing about your progress!!! Best wishes!!
  • shareefah
    shareefah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey all..my name is shareefah im from singapore...Just joined MFP...I don't reallly count my calories..i eat when im hungry...but i do have a workout plan...4x a week...for now..yeah im inching close to my goals..:-) Just on here to meet ppl like me...make some friends maybe..wat say you? :-)
  • sab_damon
    Options
    hiya - i joined 5 days ago and its really amazing to notice things that i never did before, like how high in calories a certain food may be. Nearly fell off my chair when i added up my spaghetti bolognaise the other night. As i am still new i wonder if anyone can tell me where to get ideas for dinner? I always seem to be a bit low on points by the end of the day.... i'm a nibbler. Something healthy and low in calories that isnt rabbit food? Does it exist?
    Oh and by the way - the iphone suggestion is awesome. When i'm not on the internet here, i'm updating via the iphone so its always up to date and you can always check how many calories something is if you're not sure.
    Cheers for any thoughts
    Sab
  • sheri0825
    sheri0825 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just joined a week ago and so far it is going well for me. I read an article and it suggested using multiple sites to help with support. It also mentioned filling your spare time with stuff like volunteer work to cut down on the time you have to think about eating. There is also and overeaters web site that could be helpful. I have not yet checked it out, but I hear it is pretty good. I hope your weight loss journey goes well. Please feel free to let me know of anything I can do to help encourage you or feel free to vent anytime.
  • kari5285
    Options
    Thank you all for your well wishes and tips. I love this site already. What an awesome way to connect all different people to acheiving one common goal. I know we all are going to be successful.