and I realized that I'm actually shrinking...

Options
Most of the forums here talk about their "embarrasing moments" but now let's change it... tell me when and where you realized that you needed a smaller size in clothes, and how you felt about... or when you weighed in and saw the scale said something so foreign to you...less than what you expected, or when someone you haven't seen compliments you, or asked you if you've lose weight... moments that made you literally, SMILE :flowerforyou:

Today at the mall, I was going to try on a "medium" sized dress, when my son asked "mom, how are you going to fit into that dress? that's too small, no one can fit into that dress"... I tried it on and it was loose on me! when i came out of the fitting room, I stuck my tongue out at my son!

what is yours?

Replies

• Cappicorn
    Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    One of my most recent proud moment is when I, hesitantly, reached into my closet to pull out the my business casual pants that I grew out of over a year ago and tried them on. Much to my delight, not only did they fit but the last time they felt that loose was a good 5 years ago!
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have a TONS of clothes just waiting for me..... I have some really nice shirts I wanted to "wait 10 more pounds" on... I tried one on today, and I waited too long. They are all too big now. :laugh:
  • whatwouldmulderdo
    whatwouldmulderdo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well mine is good and a bit embarrassing. I recently went to a wedding so I needed to wear a dress (I don't wear normally wear skirts or dresses). So after a few moments on the dance floor my underwear was around my knees. Needless to say I went shopping the next day :D
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I was resting my face in my hands one day and..."OMG I HAVE CHEEKBONES!?"
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I was shopping for work clothes (started working in June) and I tried on a 2x shirt and it FIT :bigsmile:
    I knew the tape measure said I lost 6 inches from my stomach (since March) but it didn't sink in, till I bought a smaller shirt

then yesterday, I tried on a shirt I bought back in April and realized it fits differently (see my blog)
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I keep a pair of my old 52" pants and one of my 4xL shirts for reminder and motivation.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    These days I will be in a fitting room or somewhere and I see a stranger but then realize it is me in a mirror!
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I bought a size medium swimsuit last night :happy:
  • tracyhall63
    tracyhall63 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The smallest clothes I own are tooo big!!! My underwear are toooo big. I can't shop in the big girls section at all anymore. I am smaller than I have been since the year 2000. :bigsmile:
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    A few hours ago accually I can do things that I wasn't able to do since I was 20. And even the stuff I could do I can do 3 to 4 times longer.
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I was wearing a pair of shorts I've had for a long time and I put my keys in the pocket to walk my dog and they almost fell off! Pretty awesome feeling although close to catastrophe
  • chay69424
    Options
    Well mine is good and a bit embarrassing. I recently went to a wedding so I needed to wear a dress (I don't wear normally wear skirts or dresses). So after a few moments on the dance floor my underwear was around my knees. Needless to say I went shopping the next day :D

WOW!!!! that's super awesome... and a bit emabrrassing LOL but again, super awesome!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have a tank top that I wear to the gym...every few weeks I take a "purple shirt picture". In the first pic ( taken when i wasn't looking by a friend) I was so fat that my boobs were resting on my belly, I had rolls of belly fat, you could see the outline of my belly button through the shirt, and you could see a line where my pants cut into me. Now, 4 months later, there is space between my boobs and my belly, I don't have rolls, you can't see my belly button, and there isn't a line where my waistband sits

7355961762_499d855e15_s.jpg
    dillons party by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

7355963344_c7a99ddd15_s.jpg
    IMG00549-20120608-0953 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • chay69424
    Options
    I keep a pair of my old 52" pants and one of my 4xL shirts for reminder and motivation.

that's amazing!!!!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have a tank top that I wear to the gym...every few weeks I take a "purple shirt picture". In the first pic ( taken when i wasn't looking by a friend) I was so fat that my boobs were resting on my belly, I had rolls of belly fat, you could see the outline of my belly button through the shirt, and you could see a line where my pants cut into me. Now, 4 months later, there is space between my boobs and my belly, I don't have rolls, you can't see my belly button, and there isn't a line where my waistband sits

7355961762_499d855e15_s.jpg
    dillons party by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

7355963344_c7a99ddd15_s.jpg
    IMG00549-20120608-0953 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

my profile pic is the most recent "purple shirt" shot...the second pic was about 8 weeks after the first!
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    This is gonna sound funny, but I was excited when I my undies were too big :P I've been in size 8s/1XLs for YEARS and I finally got a pair of XLs. Several pairs of XLs. I was quite happy.
  • ARyding17
    ARyding17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ok just a warning but this is going to be kinda gross:

So I could like always grab the extra rolls around my waist easily and like jiggle them around. LOL. But than one day IDK what I was doing but I realised I couldn't do that anymore! :D Like now I can only grab onto the fat below my belly button and even than I have to like grab it, it isn't just there! :D
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    One time, I was getting dressed after spending the night with my boyfriend (;D) and put one of his shirts on by mistake - it was the same color as mine and I was still half asleep. He wears a medium; up until that point I had been wearing larges.

(Downside: Now I have all these large tee shirts that fit me like tents, and I can't afford to replace them all :c maybe I'll try sewing them tighter.)
  • vesta82
    vesta82 Posts: 13
    Options
    Sitting in a booth without pain or embarassment.....that's the BEST moment! :happy:
  • nikki_1123
    Options
    A few months ago I went shopping and found these amazing jeans. They didn't have my size but I told myself I would make SURE I fit into them some day so I bought them. I ended up buying the jeans in a size where I could put them on but it didn't come close to zipping up and they were super tight around my thighs.

I decided randomly the other day to try them on. It kind of makes me sad but happy at the same time because they are too big for me now! I wish I would've bought them in an ever smaller size. But I'm not going to complain too much :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!