I stopped losing weight in the last 2 weeks

Options
tereced
tereced Posts: 46 Member
Guys, I stopped losing weight but i just looked at my reports and realize that i have net calories averaging around 1100 calories. i am scared to up my calories as i don't want to go over. What shall i do?

Replies

• mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You got to up them to get over this plateau. I have read Jillian Michaels suggest 7 x your weight. All I know is mixing it up will get it back in working order. Don't fret. You are doing a great job!
  • vanishonthebow
    vanishonthebow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You have to eat to lose weight healthily. It sounds wrong but it's true. Your net calories should be at least 1200 and no lower. I would up your calories 100 or 200 per day and just increase your exercise to help get your metabolism up.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    open your diary
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    just eat more. might help to re-calculate goal
  • cheswen
    cheswen Posts: 1
    Options
    yes eat more but of the "good foods", foods that leave you feeling full and content. broccoli is a good one. It also does not hurt to have a protein shake to take the edge off. i have mine to take the edge of with one scoop of shake and about 8 oz of water instead of milk mix.
  • JoyTLA
    JoyTLA Posts: 18
    Options
    I don't think eating "more" is the right answer here. I had this exact same problem, eating approx. 1100-1200 net per day.
    Someone suggested I cut out the sugar, which was the problem! I am extremely sensitive to sugar. I also replaced my 250 calorie egg, bacon, toast breakfast with a protein shake with almond milk and peanut butter. That has helped too!

Please don't say eating more is the answer, when for us shorter folks, we don't need more calories.
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    The concept of eat more to lose more weight is pretty stupid.

If you simply didn't eat, you will lose fat. Your body simply has no other choice.

I'm not saying you should just stop eating, more like you need to eat the right things.

If your diet is full of carbs, and is low on protein, then you're setting yourself up for failure. The same goes for meal frequency. If you're eating 4-6 times per day, you're setting yourself back.

So here is the advice.

Reduce your carbohydrate to no more than 50g per day.
    Eat protein, at least 0.6g per pound of lean body mass.
    The reset should be fat.

Eat your meals close together and eat less frequently. If you are going to eat carbohydrates, eat them all at once.
    Have a 6-8 hour feeding window. Don't snack all day.
    Basically I'm suggesting an intermittent fasting routine, and a keto/paleo diet.

Consider some High Intensity Training. Exercise will not cause you to lose weight. Exercise just helps a small amount. You can't out work a diet that is not optimized for fat loss.
  • tereced
    Options
    Thanks for this. I began doing insanity two days ago. My diet is more protein than carbs cos i gain weight easily when i am on more carbs. so i will try the intermittent fasting and see what happens
  • tereced
    Options
    i am big on fruits and vegetables. i think i have adjusted well to my portions as i am not hungry whenever i finish eating. I dont feel starved on my diet. I just need the darned scale to move.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

If you simply didn't eat, you will lose fat. Your body simply has no other choice.

I'm not saying you should just stop eating, more like you need to eat the right things.

If your diet is full of carbs, and is low on protein, then you're setting yourself up for failure. The same goes for meal frequency. If you're eating 4-6 times per day, you're setting yourself back.

So here is the advice.

The reset should be fat.

Eat your meals close together and eat less frequently. If you are going to eat carbohydrates, eat them all at once.
    Basically I'm suggesting an intermittent fasting routine, and a keto/paleo diet.

Consider some High Intensity Training. Exercise will not cause you to lose weight. Exercise just helps a small amount. You can't out work a diet that is not optimized for fat loss.

Eating 4-6 times a day is not a bad thing dude! I eat 5-6; 200-300 calorie meals and on that alone dropped 20lbs.
    Eating this way keeps my metabolism UP and I dropped the weight with almost no exercise.
    Just because something worked for you, doesn't mean it will work for me. I can't eat three larger meals a day and lose
    weight the same way. I do agree that eating the better foods is the way to go.
  • Lisa8112
    Options
    I agree with JONIWOLF because if you are supposed to be eating 1200, you should aim for that. It might just mean getting an extra portion of fruit in the morning (best time to eat it so you can burn off the sugar throughout the day), or a granola bar somewhere during the day.

You could also change up or swap out the type of exercise you do. For example, if you normally walk at a steady pace, try interval training.

Hope that helps!
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options

So here is the advice.

The reset should be fat.

Eating 4-6 times a day is not a bad thing dude! I eat 5-6; 200-300 calorie meals and on that alone dropped 20lbs.
    Eating this way keeps my metabolism UP and I dropped the weight with almost no exercise.
    Just because something worked for you, doesn't mean it will work for me. I can't eat three larger meals a day and lose
    weight the same way. I do agree that eating the better foods is the way to go.

Most people that diet, and have success with the diet, attribute their success to the wrong things. Just because you eat 5-6 small meals per day and lost weight, does not make that the reason you did.

Fact: In order to burn fat the body must be in a fasted state.

Most frequent grazers do this (by accident) a with a restricted diet and going into a fasted state when asleep. Then is when frequent grazers lose their fat. My suggestion to drop the meal frequency and put meals closer together increased the amount of time in a fasted state helping fat loss.

Now, I never said eating 4-6 times per day is a bad thing. Sure we can do that and lose weight, but meal frequency has NOTHING to do with metabolic rate. There is plenty of research out there that shows it. Why do something that can hinder progress when she is stuck? So please don't attribute your success to the wrong information, and then spread it like it's fact. All I'm doing is giving advice that can help arm her for more efficient fat loss.