Eating what you want

Options
I want to know how many people have lost weight from eating whatever they want (pretty much) just making sure they stay in there calorie goal? I do understand that the healthier you eat the more you can eat so to speak but i find i get bored all the time eating salad and veg constantly and feel like im missing out and then i quit.

Also how many of you have lost weight without doing any exercise by staying under your calorie goal?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Where did you get the idea that eating healthy means eating only vegetables?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I'll eat anything and lose weight in a deficit.
    =D
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I know some people swear by a diet-free day, or cheat day... they eat all their vegetables and do everything they are supposed to do 6 days a week, then relax on Sunday (or whatever day) and have cookies, beer, cocoa puffs... they may or may not stay in their calorie goal on the cheat day.

Ultimately, figure out what will help YOU stick to your diet and weight loss goals and then hold yourself accountable.

I myself eat pretty well, though not as many veggies as I believe I should, and I have a few beers and sweets a week. Not too crazy. (But then again, I am technically trying to gain weight by weightlifting.)
  • SSAHM
    SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    lol i know that eating healthy isnt just eating vegies, i just know that you get more food for less calories :) i ws tyring to follow a clean eating plan but BORING...............
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You can tell by looking at my diary that I pretty much eat what I want. I do try to make sure that my protein and fiber are up there where they should be, but I eat what I like, within my calorie goals.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    lol i know that eating healthy isnt just eating vegies, i just know that you get more food for less calories :) i ws tyring to follow a clean eating plan but BORING...............

Then stop trying to eat clean. Srs.
  • smsgreaves
    smsgreaves Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want but I still feel like I'm sabotaging myself. I've lost but not much or quickly, and I'm thinking it's time to change.
    There'll still be days where I eat whatever (coz I'd go mad without that) but at the moment thats every day and it's not really working for me.
    Do whatever it takes to help you stick to it!! I'm going to squeeze in a 'clean' week in a couple of weeks (just won't happen next week) and see what happens.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. I will say though that there are certain foods I don't eat much of any more... Not into a lot of fried items and candies/cakes/chips any more.. BUT, instead, I'll eat Protein bars, granola bars, etc. for a sweet fix. Far less calorie dense than candy but has a lot more nutrition... A typical protein bar I eat is 200 calories versus 250 for a candy bar BUT I'll get 20 grams of protein out of it... Keeps me full longer. As for fried foods, I don't eat nearly as much of that any more but I really like my fish, shrimp, chicken and even red meats.. Just tend toward grilled and boiled rather than deep;fried. I do still eat fried on occasion.. Just not nearly as much. The deficit is the key. However, I will say that you need to ensure that your macros are in place... especially protein for muscle retention/gain. Best wishes on your journey.
  • EarlMcAllister
    Options
    I generally eat what I want, but use strict portion control and have lost weight. Doing it this way puts more emphasis on exercise.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I found that for ME to lose and maintain, I have to avoid certain foods and I have to get some form of exercise everyday. I cannot just eat 'whatever I want' or 'eat anything in moderation'. Rather than fight it, I accept it and am happy I found a solution that works for me. I don't feel 'deprived' probably in the same way people who are lactose intolerant don't feel deprived when they don't drink milk. If something has an adverse effect on you, it is easy to live without it IMHO.