Just joined moments ago

Options
Hello! It's comforting to know that I'm not alone. I have battled with my weight for the past 21 years. I would like to say it began when I became pregnant with my twins. NOPE! I only gained 30 pounds with them so that's not it. I'll be 43 yrs old a week from today and I am sick and tired of being sad and unhappy. I need to get myself together. As a single woman, I should not be sitting at home on a Saturday night alone.

I am looking forward to starting this journey for the last time. I need the accountability...please someone, keep me accountable.

:wink:

Replies

• tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    welcome friend request sent :o)
  • jencooks
    jencooks Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm an Ohio mom too :)
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Welcome! I'm glad to see someone closer to my age. Getting tired of all the 20 somethings....(kidding, don't scream at me 20 somethings).
  • huffandpuff
    huffandpuff Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I joined over a year ago, but never did anything with it, but I'm hoping to do much better this time around! Not sure how to add friends, but I'd love to give/receive some support from friends on here!
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Welcome request sent
  • rennour
    rennour Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Ohio Mom. Me too. Just need accountability without the guilt. I just joined too, about five minutes before you.
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Welcome all ! Feel free to friend me! This program works if you work it and that means plugging Into support partners . I've been hooked on here for the last week and I'm lovin it
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) Sending a request... anyone else may feel free to add me too!
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. :) Feel free to add me if you would like to.
  • LilRiver
    LilRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I had a similar awakening last October when I turned 40. Took a few months, but joined in Feb. Best decision I ever did done make. It takes a bit of dedication but it's oh so worth it!
  • lachivis
    lachivis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome! just sent you a friend request :)
  • abbersgma
    Options
    Saw the article in Woman's world magazine. I have tried several diets. Successful with weight watchers lost 40 pounds then had hysterectomy and have been fighting ever since. This sounds like it could work. I think I also need a support group to make this easier . I am turning 55 this week and don't want to look like this anymore!
  • abbersgma
    Options
    Hello lachivis, thanks tor the welcome. Nice to meet you.
  • madreof2
    madreof2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just joined this site. Here I am again, trying to lose weight. Never belonged to a "group" site. I'm 47y.o. and I am determined to lose weight this time. I know how/what to eat. It's the exercise that I'm not doing and know I should. How many times can you watch success stores on youtube before you decide you should be one of those people!
  • AeiriMuse
    AeiriMuse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, hun. I'm in the same boat for needing someone to hold me accountable besides myself. (I'm way too forgiving to myself most of the time. :P )

ps, sending you a friend request. :)
  • oofda33
    oofda33 Posts: 10
    Options
    Friend request sent.
  • lisadeewarren
    lisadeewarren Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just heard about myfitnesspal and joined up...I wanna do everything right!!!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Hello! It's comforting to know that I'm not alone. I have battled with my weight for the past 21 years. I would like to say it began when I became pregnant with my twins. NOPE! I only gained 30 pounds with them so that's not it. I'll be 43 yrs old a week from today and I am sick and tired of being sad and unhappy. I need to get myself together. As a single woman, I should not be sitting at home on a Saturday night alone.

I am looking forward to starting this journey for the last time. I need the accountability...please someone, keep me accountable.

:wink:

hey, as a marrid women, i sit home saturday nights. :laugh: but add me! im a barrel of laughs & love to have fun! :heart: read my profile please!
  • melinadanielle
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    I don't mind and I'm always looking for a few more friends :)
  • joannacruz123
    Options
    Hey just joined moments ago really looking forward to this I have tried everything hoping this truly works for us all Add me would love the motivation and just to be inspired :)