How long would it take? 30 lbs

Options
I started July 17th so far I've lost 8 lbs which I'm assuming was because I went from huge portions of grease and soda to raw foods , water & excercise plus water weight. My starting weight was 146 my current weight 138 and my goal weight 100/105 . I was just wondering how long it would take I'm 22 yrs old 5 foot nothing and I bike ride 60 min a day 7 days a week. I'm not asking for anyone to be a magician lol just typically speaking. I know my lost 5-10 lbs will prob take a while but how long would 30 take? :frown:

Replies

• treysmith1016
    Options
    ~6 months.
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I would say around 4 months :)
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    3 to 4 month hun! on the max!!! good luck :flowerforyou: i have the same amount to lose and the same goal :bigsmile:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i lost 40 pounds in 6 months on low carb with zero exercise.

on the other hand, it took me 6 months to lose 15 pounds doing cal restriction.

it really depends on your body! i cannot eat grains/sugar/potatoes etc.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    It depends on a bunch of things, but I would say at least six months, probably 7-8. Weight loss is slower for shorter people, and for people who have less to lose (think of the lbs as a percentage of body weight, and not as all lbs is being equal). So you should probably not try to lose more than 1 lb a week once you are in a stable weightloss pattern, i.e. not losing mostly water weight.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It could take forever... are you in a hurry?
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    6-7 to 8 sounds horrifically depressing lol ... I was hoping more along the lines of 3-4 months :/ I really go hard on my excercise idk maybe it'll happen for me like it does others in like 3 months.. I'm hoping that's the case lol I dnt Mind if it takes 2 more months to lose my last 8 lbs but the 30 I want to be gone by november -_0 .... Has anybody tried a weight vest? Someone suggested it .. Supposedly adds on more weight so you burn more calories ?
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options
    3 to 4 month hun! on the max!!! good luck :flowerforyou: i have the same amount to lose and the same goal :bigsmile:

This is what I was expecting I'm rooting for the both of us ❤ lol we can do this ;)
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    It depends on a bunch of things, but I would say at least six months, probably 7-8. Weight loss is slower for shorter people, and for people who have less to lose (think of the lbs as a percentage of body weight, and not as all lbs is being equal). So you should probably not try to lose more than 1 lb a week once you are in a stable weightloss pattern, i.e. not losing mostly water weight.

i like what you said! honestly this is the honest truth i was looking for :flowerforyou:
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Take forever???? C'mon now--don't say that to her.

You are on a good start--I'm going raw too! Remember--weigh loss will not always show up as well--weight loss.lol
    I figure--weight loss in literal numbers is like --counting literal dog years-:laugh:

You are probably losing inches and gain muscle--that's a good thing. Look for ways to change up the workout regime if you hit a plateau. That's what you wanna look out for maybe?

Try to focus on how great you are looking and before you know it--if you stay on the course--goal weight''ll be a no-brainer
  • SarahSosi
    Options

This is what I was expecting I'm rooting for the both of us ❤ lol we can do this ;)

yes we can beautiful girl :smooched:
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options

Me too.

I'm really hoping to lose it faster than that though. I saw some people at my gym do an 8 week challenge and one guy lost 35 in those 8 weeks and another lost 44. If they can do it maybe I can too.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options

You are on a good start--I'm going raw too! Remember--weigh loss will not always show up as well--weight loss.lol
    You are probably losing inches and gain muscle--that's a good thing. Look for ways to change up the workout regime if you hit a plateau. Try to focus on how great you are looking and before you know it--if you stay on the course--it'll be a no brainer

it could, it all depends on determination, hormones, health issues, 'free days', old habits, how fast she gets tired/bored of it... in a perfect world you could lose it in 4 - 6 months... but it could take 2 years... it could take 10, what is the big hurry? yes 30 pounds is not 100, but it doesn't mean anything.

Eating 920 calories is not going to help you either, it will cause more problems in the end... just sayin.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options

Me too.

I'm really hoping to lose it faster than that though. I saw some people at my gym do an 8 week challenge and one guy lost 35 in those 8 weeks and another lost 44. If they can do it maybe I can too.

Seriously what makes us any different? That's how I feel like if other people can do it so can I my goal is 3 months 10 lbs each month leaves me at about 108 by nov. the 8 lbs I'm sure will b hard I'm expecting that but I surely don't wanna take 8 months to loose 30 lbs. I'm still quite young & I've had a. Baby so I know I have the tendency to drop weight fast .. But go for it I'm all with you! ❤
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options

You are probably losing inches and gain muscle--that's a good thing. Look for ways to change up the workout regime if you hit a plateau. Try to focus on how great you are looking and before you know it--if you stay on the course--it'll be a no brainer

it could, it all depends on determination, hormones, health issues, 'free days', old habits, how fast she gets tired/bored of it... in a perfect world you could lose it in 4 - 6 months... but it could take 2 years... it could take 10, what is the big hurry? yes 30 pounds is not 100, but it doesn't mean anything.

Eating 920 calories is not going to help you either, it will cause more problems in the end... just sayin.

Yes I know this, I know the whole starvation / 1200 pep talk but you know what I can't shove food down my throat it just so happens eating healthier leaves me fuller longer and quicker even when I find myself in a touch spot where I have to eat out or order something like a quesadilla seriously I can only fit 3 pieces of 8. Before I gained the weight this is what I typically took in maybe 1000-1300 on a fat day or 1800 with drinks once a month and a trip to chilis lol. But I know how I gained the weight add all those trips to chilis times 2 and oversized portions + a **** load of stress and 7 cups of soda a day yea I deff KNOw how it happened. Lol but I do appreciate the advice
  • gailbrads
    Options
    I started my fitnesspal at the end of April and have lost 37lb, so that's just over 3 months :smile:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Your goal is very very low. So your body will resist attempts to take it down to such a low figure. Why have you chosen that as your target weight?
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options

I figure--weight loss in literal numbers is like --counting literal dog years-:laugh:

You are probably losing inches and gain muscle--that's a good thing. Look for ways to change up the workout regime if you hit a plateau. That's what you wanna look out for maybe?

Try to focus on how great you are looking and before you know it--if you stay on the course--goal weight''ll be a no-brainer

I appreciate this, that comment was deff hurtful as much as it was truthful a little tad but discouraging lol but hey at least I know what to expect if worse comes to worst
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    Seriously what makes us any different? That's how I feel like if other people can do it so can I my goal is 3 months 10 lbs each month leaves me at about 108 by nov. the 8 lbs I'm sure will b hard I'm expecting that but I surely don't wanna take 8 months to loose 30 lbs. I'm still quite young & I've had a. Baby so I know I have the tendency to drop weight fast .. But go for it I'm all with you! ❤

Bare in mind they were under the supervision of a personal trainer. But I don't think they do anything drastically special that can't be replicated by anyone. I think they eat 5-6 meals a day keeping a calorie deficit and just go hard out on the High-Intensity Intermittent Exercise (HIIT) and weight training.

None of them seemed to show any ill effects from losing that much weight that quickly. I think they just pushed themselves as hard as they could, which I don't think I currently am.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options
    Your goal is very very low. So your body will resist attempts to take it down to such a low figure. Why have you chosen that as your target weight?

Well before my son I was 125/130 then I had him and tipped the scale at 165 dropped down to 145 a week later then 126 6 weeks later.. I stood at 126 for about 2 years moved into my own place with the hubby and psh threw my rituals of eating out the window I ate what he ate and didn't even think twice he also likes to eat out a lot which I dnt do .. I'm a homebody I make everything from scratch. Add stress plus outings plus overly sized portions 6 months later wala 146 and no baby weight to blame but my own poor *kitten* decisions lol. Why I wanna aim for 100/105 is because I put my weight into a calculator and I was obese at 146 I'm currently 138 and overweight 100/105 is actually healthy weight for my frame of body .. I've always been thin with thick thighs and a C-Cup bra now I'm 138 and look like I've swallowed a donut that landed in my tummy and got stuck :frown: