How long would it take? 30 lbs

Options

Replies

• WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Yes I know this, I know the whole starvation / 1200 pep talk but you know what I can't shove food down my throat it just so happens eating healthier leaves me fuller longer and quicker even when I find myself in a touch spot where I have to eat out or order something like a quesadilla seriously I can only fit 3 pieces of 8. Before I gained the weight this is what I typically took in maybe 1000-1300 on a fat day or 1800 with drinks once a month and a trip to chilis lol. But I know how I gained the weight add all those trips to chilis times 2 and oversized portions + a **** load of stress and 7 cups of soda a day yea I deff KNOw how it happened. Lol but I do appreciate the advice

I don't know if starvation mode is real - I do not care, but I do know that eating 255 calories a day (yes I read your diary - quite a few days actually) and exercising 60+ minutes a day is not good for you. I have friends and family with ED's and that is exactly what they do.

I know you are short ; you said 5 feet right? I can promise you this, I am 4'9.5" I can eat 1500 calories a day and still lose weight. Eat calorie dense food , not fast food, lean protein, nuts (if you can), peanut butter (if you can), milk, cheese, veggies, whole grains, fruits etc. You are going to hurt yourself - not just starve but ruin your body, you have a 4 year old son; your biggest goal should be to be here for him not to be sick. Your body will stop regular functions - hair growth, finger nail growth etc. and start burning your muscle to sustain life your life, you know what it also will attack, your heart, eventually your organs will shut down and you will die. I know you say you cannot stuff this in your mouth, but if that is the case I would honestly suggest getting help, and I am not saying that to be mean. It is the absolute truth - you NEED more than 255 calories a day, you need more than 700 calories a day.. figure out your TDEE and your BMR and go from there, if you aren't sure how to do that find a nutritionist, talk to a dr., do a google search.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    If you eat right, mix cardio with weight training, drink plenty of water, don't slack off it shouldn't take that long.

Saying that it took me over a year to lose 34lbs. I lost 28lbs in about 5 months, the rest has come of very slowly since then.

Since your start weight is not very high it will take you longer unless you really dedicate yourself to it.

ETA: looked at you diary, if that's all you're eating you definitely need to eat more. It's easy to slip into starving yourself, I know, I've been there. Eat clean, you'll find you can eat a lot of food for 1200 calories if you eat right! Feel free to add me if you want to take a look at my diary for ideas. :-)
  • GeorgeGose
    Options
    Depends on a lot. When i started I lost 23 lbs the first month. I have been watching my dies since May the 25th I weighed in this morning I have lost 45 lbs.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I think it took me 4 or 5 months to lose 30lbs. I can't exactly remember and I didn't exercise a lot back then either, just counted my cals. And at tht time I was an everything in moderation girl, so I didn't always eat the best. I think it just depends on the person.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options

Yes I know this, I know the whole starvation / 1200 pep talk but you know what I can't shove food down my throat it just so happens eating healthier leaves me fuller longer and quicker even when I find myself in a touch spot where I have to eat out or order something like a quesadilla seriously I can only fit 3 pieces of 8. Before I gained the weight this is what I typically took in maybe 1000-1300 on a fat day or 1800 with drinks once a month and a trip to chilis lol. But I know how I gained the weight add all those trips to chilis times 2 and oversized portions + a **** load of stress and 7 cups of soda a day yea I deff KNOw how it happened. Lol but I do appreciate the advice

I don't know if starvation mode is real - I do not care, but I do know that eating 255 calories a day (yes I read your diary - quite a few days actually) and exercising 60+ minutes a day is not good for you. I have friends and family with ED's and that is exactly what they do.

I know you are short ; you said 5 feet right? I can promise you this, I am 4'9.5" I can eat 1500 calories a day and still lose weight. Eat calorie dense food , not fast food, lean protein, nuts (if you can), peanut butter (if you can), milk, cheese, veggies, whole grains, fruits etc. You are going to hurt yourself - not just starve but ruin your body, you have a 4 year old son; your biggest goal should be to be here for him not to be sick. Your body will stop regular functions - hair growth, finger nail growth etc. and start burning your muscle to sustain life your life, you know what it also will attack, your heart, eventually your organs will shut down and you will die. I know you say you cannot stuff this in your mouth, but if that is the case I would honestly suggest getting help, and I am not saying that to be mean. It is the absolute truth - you NEED more than 255 calories a day, you need more than 700 calories a day.. figure out your TDEE and your BMR and go from there, if you aren't sure how to do that find a nutritionist, talk to a dr., do a google search.

The only reason I ate 300 cal meals a day for about a week or so was because I'm low on cash I don't get paid till Monday. Since u intend to know my whole life story besides my diary here's my response. This is what I can afford go back a few weeks and that is what I eat regularly everyday you will it repeated and yes reg I only take in about 900 cal and I have never been told ever by a physician or person in general that I need help or that I'm unhealthy. This is how I've always been and an opinion from you or anyone else isn't going to change that. And for the record I f'ckin love food thank you very much ❤ if I had a problem with eating that was so horrible I wouldn't even be on this site I'd be in a hospital somewhere learning how to eat don't you think?
  • Autry403
    Autry403 Posts: 88
    Options
    I started around mid- April losing weight. I lost around 22 lbs overall so far, but I only exercise this past two months like 2-4 week rather than every day like I started out. It all depends on how much effort you put in I guess. I have another 15 to lose before October... Anyways, good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options

Awww I have an IPad and it's java script.. Do u kno be others :/ ?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Losing 30 lbs for someone starting around 200 lbs is fairly straightforward. Losing 30 lbs when you're already at a healthy weight is a different matter.

And this is the internet - if you ask a question, you're going to get a variety of answers. You might not like all of them.
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I started MFP weighing 138-139 pounds around Sept-Oct 2011 and, like you, lost the first 8-9 pounds within the first month or so. Since then I have been stuck at 130 pounds and have been trying to move the scales, without much luck.
    The reason I'm telling you this is not to discourage you but rather so that you don't lose faith if it doesn't happen in any specific time frame. I have days where I really feel down and think that my body will never let go of these pounds, but I'm still sticking to it. It really is harder to lose weight at our height (im only an inch taller than you). I'm currently following the group 'Eat more to weigh less' because I want to do something sustainable rather than another crash diet. I think its good to lose slow and steady in the long run..provided the weight stays off for good! Good luck to you!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options
    Losing 30 lbs for someone starting around 200 lbs is fairly straightforward. Losing 30 lbs when you're already at a healthy weight is a different matter.

And this is the internet - if you ask a question, you're going to get a variety of answers. You might not like all of them.

I don't understand where your getting this from? I'm not at a healthy weight I'm over weight I'm not making this *kitten* up? And yes I know I'm not going to like all of them .. Everyone's entitled to thier own opinion as well as -Myself. I'm 5'0 22 yrs old 146 now 138 146 obese 138 over weight I didn't invent these numbers
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    That depends on what you eat. I lost 30 pounds in 32 days, but much of that was water weight.
    I eat a raw vegan diet. I eat whenever I'm hungry. This is a healthy, nutritious diet, you won't need cardiac bypass surgery afterwards...

It's very easy to loose weight eating raw. I've also seen numerous health improvements.
    I highly recommend this way of eating.

Do your own research, don't listen to anyones opinion, including mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3FEaS6sudY
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options
    That depends on what you eat. I lost 30 pounds in 32 days, but much of that was water weight.
    I eat a raw vegan diet. I eat whenever I'm hungry. This is a healthy, nutritious diet, you won't need cardiac bypass surgery afterwards...

It's very easy to loose weight eating raw. I've also seen numerous health improvements.
    I highly recommend this way of eating.

Do your own research, don't listen to anyones opinion, including mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3FEaS6sudY

-spoken like a very wise man ❤ good luck to you and touché ;)
  • mbpastrygal
    Options
    I found when I was younger I could drop weight much faster. Now over 50, it's taking forever. But I am trying to take the long view on it. I want a healthier lifestyle for the second half of my life. THat said, I don't really think anyone can give you an accurate time on how long it will take you. THey say 1 to 2 pounds a week is a safe amount Anyhting over is not good for your body.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You're using bmi as a guide to healthy/ overweight etc? Bear in mind it is only a rough guide. So what range does it suggest as healthy for someone of your height?
  • lisamerrison
    lisamerrison Posts: 90 Member
    Options

• lisamerrison
    lisamerrison Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I agree. I am 46 years old and have been on that many diets. Last year I went on the Cambridge diet and was eating 600 calories a day - and exercising. I initially lost 2 stone in a very short time and then it slowed right down. I got fed up of not eating and stopped. Less than a year later I had put on 3 stone!!!

Yes you can take a lot of weight off if you starve your body but as soon as you start eating normally the lbs will just pile back on. I have had a response by email for a question I had and it prompted me to check my BMR and my TDEE and work it all out for myself and I had explained to me the concept of eating exercised calories back to help your future metabolic rate maintain your weight loss.

I also read that it takes 3000 calories to lose a lb of body fat. I have decided not to go below 1200 calories a day, keep a calorie deficit of 500-750 a day below what my body needs which includes eating more if I exercise so that when I am slim and lean my metabolic rate hasn't been ruined and my body can continue to maintain a healthy weight once I reach goal and my calorie intake goes back to 2000 calories a day.

I started dieting at the age of 23 at a weight of 147lbs. I am now 224lbs and I have been dieting all my life - you name the diet I have been on it. I have lost weight in the past but put it on again within a year. I am now, at long last going to take a more sensible approach to finally losing the weight and keeping it off this time.
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Take forever???? C'mon now--don't say that to her.

You are on a good start--I'm going raw too! Remember--weigh loss will not always show up as well--weight loss.lol
    You are probably losing inches and gain muscle--that's a good thing. Look for ways to change up the workout regime if you hit a plateau. Try to focus on how great you are looking and before you know it--if you stay on the course--it'll be a no brainer

it could, it all depends on determination, hormones, health issues, 'free days', old habits, how fast she gets tired/bored of it... in a perfect world you could lose it in 4 - 6 months... but it could take 2 years... it could take 10, what is the big hurry? yes 30 pounds is not 100, but it doesn't mean anything.

Eating 920 calories is not going to help you either, it will cause more problems in the end... just sayin.

It just depends on individuals, when I first lost a load of weight in my final uni year I lost 35lbs in around 3 months but I has more to lose then so I guess it came off quicker.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options
    You're using bmi as a guide to healthy/ overweight etc? Bear in mind it is only a rough guide. So what range does it suggest as healthy for someone of your height?

Height: 5 feet, 0 inches
    Weight: 138 pounds

Your BMI is 26.9, indicating your weight is in the Overweight category for adults of your height.

For your height, a normal weight range would be from 95 to 128 pounds.

People who are overweight or obese are at higher risk for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol.

So now that you see are you implying that I'd have to be morbidly obese in order to want to lose 30 lbs? Because I'm pretty sure 105/100 is perfect for me

BMI
    Weight Status
    Below 18.5 Underweight
    18.5—24.9 Normal
     25.0—29.9 Overweight
    30.0 and Above Obese
  • MelissaRMyers
    Options
    It's different for different people, it really is easier for a 300 pound person to lose 30 lbs than for your listed 146 lbs. You could almost measure in % rather than direct pounds. 3 months appears doable, 4 would probably be healthier