Options
    bump
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Sounds bad...go to emergency room!!
  • EmmaMay93
    Options
    Thanks for all your concern and help guys! I understand you are not doctors, but you all helped regardless :)

The Nurse at the NHS said that 99% of spider/insect bite cases get better on their own, so it's nothing to worry about. he said to only see a doctor tomorrow morning if it looks the same or has gotten worse, but not if it looks slightly inproved. He also says the white circles are just a reaction to the bite, and my body's way of dealing with it, while others get blisters, I got white circles. He says to continue taking antihistamines and painkillers for the time being. Because the two bites are quite far apart, he is not sure whether a spider or another insect but usually a spider. But as we have no lethal spiders in the country, he says not to worry too much. I hope the swelling goes down soon, the fat ankle makes it difficult to walk and I have a long shift at work tomorrow haha.

Thanks again for all your help.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I hope she is on her way to the doctor. If that is a spider bite it could turn serious very fast. My mom's neighbor got bit in her car, she had to pull over before she got home because she got sick that fast, she almost lost her leg over the whole thing.

Edited to add, hope it gets better. What country are you in?
  • EmmaMay93
    Options
    UK
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    EmmaMay, glad to hear there's no immediate danger but do keep an eye on it. Thanks for feeding back, feet up for the afternoon! :O)
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • EmmaMay93
    Options
    Thank you :):)
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    Thanks for all your concern and help guys! I understand you are not doctors, but you all helped regardless :)

The Nurse at the NHS said that 99% of spider/insect bite cases get better on their own, so it's nothing to worry about. he said to only see a doctor tomorrow morning if it looks the same or has gotten worse, but not if it looks slightly inproved. He also says the white circles are just a reaction to the bite, and my body's way of dealing with it, while others get blisters, I got white circles. He says to continue taking antihistamines and painkillers for the time being. Because the two bites are quite far apart, he is not sure whether a spider or another insect but usually a spider. But as we have no lethal spiders in the country, he says not to worry too much. I hope the swelling goes down soon, the fat ankle makes it difficult to walk and I have a long shift at work tomorrow haha.

Thanks again for all your help.

No lethal spiders? I did not know that. That's an interesting fact. Good luck to you!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I want to hear more about the cotton mouth...

68999.jpg
  • EmmaMay93
    Options
    Well, I mentioned the cotton mouth, and he just said that they are sometimes symptoms of the bite but again nothing to worry about.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I know someone who had a terrible reaction to a bee sting recently. His leg looked like someone beat him with a bat! The smallest creatures have the biggest impact.
  • laprovocateur
    laprovocateur Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Doc office close?... Go to the ER!

↑ this is why i hate my job sometimes.

in other news... OP, if you're having more symptoms, then listen to the majority of commenters and get off your pc and on to the doc. Please and thank you.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    Doc office close?... Go to the ER!

↑ this is why i hate my job sometimes.

in other news... OP, if you're having more symptoms, then listen to the majority of commenters and get off your pc and on to the doc. Please and thank you.

This is why I love my job. ^
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should research MRSA infections and what happens if you wait.
  • EmmaMay93
    Options
    Perhaps you should research MRSA infections and what happens if you wait.

A Nurse at NHS Direct has aready advised me to wait it out, unless it gets worse.
  • carolannkoga
    carolannkoga Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yes, allergic, poison etc.
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    How's the bite/foot today? Hope it's getting better ok :O)