Weight Loss Progress so far (w/Pics)

Options
I didn't think it could be done, but here I am! Thank you MFP! *YaY*

I started this Journey in March at 195 lbs That's the biggest I ever been in my life! In 2009 I weighed 145 lbs... I don't know what happened really; College life, Married life, regular life lol I guess. But I am glad that I am getting back where I need to be. I am achieving my goal by cutting out stress, fried foods, sodium ( as much as I can), and all flavored beverages. I am out of school for the summer (start back Aug. 27 :-( but my husband and I still stay on campus which is cheap so I don't have to work and have a lot of time to devote to losing weight. I run, weight lift, and play basketball almost everyday, basically staying active. I am so happy I am getting my life back and that I can walk up the stairs with out feeling like I'm gonna pass out!

Progresspicsresized.jpg

the Before pic is at a friend of ours wedding and that was my breaking point I couldn't believe I let myself get that big! I cried for 2 days after seeing that pic I felt hopeless... to God be the Glory!

Replies

• BrandiL83
    BrandiL83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    change the IMG to img :)

Awesome job. You look amazing!
  • ChangingAmie
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job :]
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I didn't think it could be done, but here I am! Thank you MFP! *YaY*

I started this Journey in March at 195 lbs That's the biggest I ever been in my life! In 2009 I weighed 145 lbs... I don't know what happened really; College life, Married life, regular life lol I guess. But I am glad that I am getting back where I need to be. I am achieving my goal by cutting out stress, fried foods, sodium ( as much as I can), and all flavored beverages. I am out of school for the summer (start back Aug. 27 :-( but my husband and I still stay on campus which is cheap so I don't have to work and have a lot of time to devote to losing weight. I run, weight lift, and play basketball almost everyday, basically staying active. I am so happy I am getting my life back and that I can walk up the stairs with out feeling like I'm gonna pass out!

Progresspicsresized.jpg

the Before pic is at a friend of ours wedding and that was my breaking point I couldn't believe I let myself get that big! I cried for 2 days after seeing that pic I felt hopeless... to God be the Glory!
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! Your an inspiration:)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Keep it up!
  • JenG_2011
    JenG_2011 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You have such a beautiful figure! Great job and keep up the awesome work! You're an inspiration :-)
  • LeslieSJR
    Options
    Nice work- you look great!
  • natural813
    natural813 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You are looking great. Great job on your weight loss so far :)
  • gracia124
    gracia124 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Way to get started on your goals instead of getting discouraged!
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are the same height as me and a similar build! Definitely inspired!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!!!!
  • Mac247
    Mac247 Posts: 57
    Options
    In addition to the great job you're doing with your weight, those are some serious guns you've got! Nice biceps/triceps!

Congrats to you, you look great!!

Mac
  • rondaa_ambition
    Options
    You are amazing!
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Great job! such an inspiration to me! Keep up the good work!
  • htalexander
    Options
    GREAT WORK! People just don't realize how much drinking only water rather than flavored drinks can do! You have a cute figure!
  • Aosuag
    Aosuag Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! You look amazing!
  • empressizm
    empressizm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow Motivation Motivation Motivation!
  • RaynahTh
    RaynahTh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - not just slim but a great shape - lovely curves. Well done!
  • amyloooo
    amyloooo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You must be so proud. Congrats.

I was struck my your mention of the wedding picture as the tipping point. Mine too, at my son's wedding a little over a year ago. I know two other people IRL for whom that was Decision Time. I wonder how many others have that "special picture" in their weight-loss history.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!