Damn filipino parties!

Options
Went to one last night. Those people enjoy feeding the hell out of their guest. They take it as a sign of disrespect if you don't eat a lot. Well who am I to disrespect these friends of mine in their own home, right?! Oh well, I'll try my best to eat right and work it off later today.

Replies

• Osanyin
    Osanyin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ha ha I went to a friend's son's birthday party and it was the same. So much love and so much good food!
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Used to go to my friends house, Italian, omg, the amount of food his mom used to put on my plate. He whispered to me, don't eat and you'll insult my mother....you don't want to insult my mom.

lol :)
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    Options
    Thai parties are the same way. There's no way around it except to work out more later. :-D
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I love filipino food!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Lol I made lumpia last night for my friends and made them eat it all so I wouldn't be tempted to ;-)
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Lumpia... gets me every time. :(
  • mariekphillips21
    Options
    I never say no to Lumpia...that's why I call my mid section my Lumpia Roll.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    LOL. Yep - parties are killers and some cultures like to stuff their guests. The only option at that point (for future reference) is to eat REAL slow and keep your plate looking full. I'd try to pick the lighter fair (if that exists) and then maybe they'll stop shoving more food toward you. The only other option is to tell them all about this website and show the mom (whose probably trying to loose weight - trust me - they ALL want to loose weight) your diary entries and then portion out what works so they see it's all health related. You can even moan about how wonderful the food is but you need to eat slow because your diary won't let you eat all those wonderful entres!!! Sometimes you'll be surprised - they won't be offended if you complement the food big time and just explain that you're trying to take care of yourself.

Monica
  • LuisZav
    LuisZav Posts: 197
    Options
    Lumpia, shopao, chicken adobo, curry curry, and this "chocolate marinated pork" which wasn't chocolate...was pigs blood. I was pissed off after my friend told me what it actually was. Won't lie, was tasty.