30 Min Daily Workout for Beginner?

Options
Hey everyone! I just signed up and need some advice on a good workout for a beginner. I was thinking a 30 minute daily workout of some kind, but I'm open to opinions! I have two small children, so I would also be interested in ideas to incorporate them into my exercise. Any helpful information would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• Krystal7786
    Krystal7786 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is good, and only 20 mins so easy to fit in!
  • ebethdurham3
    Options
    Thank you!
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    leslie sansone walk at home videos are on youtube, and you can do up to 5 miles in an hour (so about 12 min per mile).
    30 Day Shred is good too..
  • WTBSE
    WTBSE Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    How old are your children?
    If you use a double buggy, you could go out walking?
  • RunnerFive
    RunnerFive Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yup, 30 Day Shred all the way! Realistically, after the cool down, the whole thing usually takes me 28 minutes.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I third the JM 30 Day Shred. It's quick, effective, and less than $10 at Wal-Mart. I don't know that it's super kid friendly, but they could attempt to play around and do some of the same moves as you. But if they're young enough that they nap - you could easily get it in while they're napping.
  • lisav6
    lisav6 Posts: 56
    Options
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

I currently do this every other day (mostly!) then try to fit in walking or cycling on the off day. Seemed to be working until the school hols have got in the way (in a good way of course)
  • traceyjay1
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the 30 Day Shred too - fab dvd!! I have 2 small kids as well so doing a dvd that is only 20mins long is ideal. I also find that only being 20 mins there is no excuse really not to do it :-) can't reccomend it enough!!
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love 30 Day Shred also. It's a tough workout but easy to fit into the day and well worth the effort. My 3 year old likes to use his blocks as "weights" and try to do some of the exercises with me. In lieu of that, while doing another JM DVD he has taken to being JM himself and tap my abs while doing the floor work or give me a supported pat on the back while I'm exercising..lol.
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The new power walk 4 miles by leslie sansone. Good beginner workout which is not too hard on the knees.
  • Megg54
    Megg54 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A nice walk with the children would benefit all of you. Is there a park close by even pushing them on the swings is a good start. if they are older try going on a bike ride. You can burn a lot of calories riding a bike and it's fun.
  • Trinice1
    Options
    This is something I feel is really easy if you, want to stay in your home instead of going to a gym. You can I lay down on the floor 3 sets of leg lifts to each side and crunches 45 front 45 to each side important to breathe right exhale when going up then take 5 pound dumbbells you put your hand on a chair & you raise it up and then extend it back 3 sets of 10 that's it! It may not feel as if you're doing very much but when I was consistent with this work out I lost 24 pounds in 2 and a half months I was also doing weight watchers
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Team Beachbody 10 min trainer is a good one to start with.
    You can order from me if you'd like. Just message me and I'll give you details